Webswitch 1216H Support in English > Configuration, Webswitch 1216H

RC-1216H with Expert1K and Windows 10 - virtual COM Port

(1/3) > >>

DL5CW:
Hi,

I installed the Windows 10 update today. After that, my system got problems with the virtual
COM Port 4 (generated like described in the RC-1216H manual with the Microbit Setup Manager).

Windows 10 saw the COM4 as virtual port, but it doesn't work (in the Win 10 device manager you see
COM4 with an exclamation mark). So I can't use the original Expert Software - need for remote tuning the amplifier.

I was falling back to Windows 8.1 now and everything is fine again.

Is this only my problem? Or has anyone the same problem? Is this a Win 10 proplem or a problem of Microbit Setup Manager with Win 10?

73! Andy, DL5CW

Jan (Microbit):
Hi,
We will try to reproduce the issue you have experienced. We will also release new Com port drivers which hopefully will fix problems like this.

KX7M:
Any updates for the Windows 10 drivers for 1258 virtual COM ports?

Jan (Microbit):

--- Quote from: KX7M on 2015-09-28, 17:04:30 ---Any updates for the Windows 10 drivers for 1258 virtual COM ports?

--- End quote ---
Sorry, but no, the new driver is not available yet.

Jan (Microbit):

--- Quote from: KX7M on 2015-09-28, 17:04:30 ---Any updates for the Windows 10 drivers for 1258 virtual COM ports?

--- End quote ---
Sometimes things happen faster than expected! Give version 1.28 a try! Find it here:  http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=88

(And just to be clear, the updated drivers are for the virtual com ports created on the "Serial Port" tab in Setup Manager, not the USB virtual com ports)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version