Author Topic: FT 950 Serial Port Settings  (Read 5221 times)

Al7cr

• View Profile
FT 950 Serial Port Settings
« on: 2015-08-09, 03:11:25 »
I have been using a set of 1258 MK II with a TS-480SAT for long distance remote operation.  I have recently acquired an FT-950 that I wish to test in this mode.  It has the latest system and DSP software installed.  I wish to use the PCC for FT-950 Yaesu control program for rig remote control.

I can connect a PC running the control program directly to the FT-950 and it functions perfectly.  I can not however find any combination of settings that will allow me to control the cat port through the 1258.  The 1258 connect to each other without difficulty however I have no serial communication.  I have carefully checked all my cabling so I am virtually certain it is a configuration difficulty.  I have software 2.79 installed on both 1258.

I would appreciate any help the forum could provide as I do not have any further ideas as to how to configure the system.  I am very much hoping someone has done this and can provide me a detailed setup for this configuration.

Yes, yes, I know that the TS 480 is superior for this application but that is not the point of this experiment.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: FT 950 Serial Port Settings
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-10, 12:27:48 »
Hi
set com 2 in both unit's to "paralell with com0" and set the correct baudrates etc on the Radio settings page. That's it

73 de mike