Author Topic: Difficulties with my setup. Please help!  (Read 7522 times)

K0BUB

• View Profile
Difficulties with my setup. Please help!
« on: 2010-09-18, 19:50:08 »
I have perused this website, as well as the forum... and I am unsure about a few things regarding my setup.

First off, I cannot make things work within my network, so I am led to believe that it will not work over the internet, but cannot be 100% sure of that.

I have a TS-2000, and everything is setup according to how RemoteRig says to.

The web interfaces do work, their IP addresses are .227 and .228.

I'm thinking of all the information you would need to assist me, so I will also note that I have a dsl connection under Qwest and an Airport Extreme.

I have signed up with DynDNS, and plugged the info into the area on the Control unit, as well as into my Airport Extreme.  And, this part seems to be working accordingly...

I have also toyed with my Qwest Modem/Router, and I'm still getting nothing.

Finally, I've never been able to see the radio as switched on on the Control side, which is a problem as I've been turning it on quite frequently to check the system.

My Gateway and DNS Server (please forgive my ignorance) are the same as my Qwest Modem/Router.

I may need a detailed step-by-step.

Thanks for your help!

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Difficulties with my setup. Please help!
« Reply #1 on: 2010-09-18, 22:04:30 »
Hi

First you must have it work within your LAN, You should use the internal IP (ending in .228 in your case) in the SIP-contact field of the control box

When it works on the internal LAN you take the next step to Internet.

Remember that you can not use DynDns as SIP contact as long as you have both units on the same network.

It only works on the Internet, (some routers can handle it but do not count on it.)

73 de mike

K0BUB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-09-19, 04:45:05 »
I've done everything you've suggested, and the RC-2000 will not turn on.  We checked it from the distributor on the TS-2000, and it powers up in that configuration.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that the IP address for the control box is .227 rather than .228.

I even went so far as to change the IP addresses systematically via the PC utility, but nothing.

Any ideas?  I also read that the ports do not need to be configured if DMZ is turned on... Will I want DMZ to sync with the control ip or the radio ip, and how about the port configuration... is that even necessary for LAN work?

Many Thanks!

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2010-09-19, 09:44:44 »
Hi
you dont need any settings in thr router at this stage. if the radio-rrc has a ip ...228 the "sip ocntact" in control-rrc should be ...228

if you dont get it work email me screen dumps of ip,radio,advanced-settings from both units

73 de mike

K0BUB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-09-20, 09:38:06 »
In appears that the boards may be switched around in these particular units.

I am just now figuring the following out:

The unit labeled "Control" / with the CW dial is registering as the control unit (and has an IP address of .227).

The IP for the unit labeled "Radio" / without the dial is .228.

I have performed a hard reset of the units a couple of times.  Obviously, I am doing something wrong.

I have perused the website, manual, this forum; and have spent many, many hours in trying to figure out the remoterig.

Finally, I'm not finding much by way on the Internet on how to do a screen dump...

Thanks again for your help!

ON4AOI

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2010-09-20, 12:33:31 »
Hi, look for program that is called PrintKey 2000 v5.10(full) its free;
when using it  you can select rectangle to make a screen dump from the part on your screen
that has intersting info, save it and your done

Guy ON4AOI

W9KB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2010-09-21, 01:27:48 »
My router would not work outside the DCHP range... so I used 192.168.1.147 & 192.168.1.148.

I tried addressses lower & higher than the 50 it's seems to be happy with... Good luck!

Ken-W9KB

K0BUB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-09-22, 04:43:27 »
Mike is helping me work through my Remote Rig setup.

Below is my most recent email to Mike... perhaps some of you have ideas on what may be causing me to have problems outside my LAN as everything is working 100% inside it.

I'm beginning to gain a greater understanding of how all of this "works," and am looking forward to having the Remote Rig system fully functional outside my LAN in the very near future.

Thanks!

---

Mikael,

I have the system working 100% on my LAN, the very first time (and every time) i connect it... but I have it working only some of the time when connected to my test Internet network.

On this test Internet network, I have full control of the router, and the IP address is static.

It was working for two hours straight on the test Internet network, and that is the longest it has worked outside of my LAN.

This test Internet network is the only one I've tried, and so now, I am wondering what you would advise as it only works intermittently there.

To refresh you with my situation... I have the Radio RRC connected via the serial port of the TS-2000, and am using the RC-2000 on the Control RRC via TTL.

I have spent a lot of time attempting to work this out on my own, and am now back to asking you for help.

Thank you for your help!

Matt

K0BUB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-09-30, 02:27:04 »
My setup is working very well in nearly every situation, and I am writing a review of my experiences in another thread!

73, Matt - K0BUB

K0BUB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-09-30, 03:21:04 »
Thanks for everyone's help!

73, Matt - K0BUB