Author Topic: Microbit drivers for win764bit question  (Read 5353 times)

VK6EI

• View Profile
Microbit drivers for win764bit question
« on: 2015-09-17, 15:51:21 »
Hi all,

I recently bit the bullet and bought an RRC-1258 MKII and 1274A combo package. I bought them off a local VK operator who had purchased and never used.

My intention was to get it setup and running here at home connected to my Icom IC-7100 and then letting my mate who is also licensed but spending a lot of time in hospital being treated for pancreatic & liver cancer use the PC client on his laptop and work some HF from his hospital bed.

The setup came with a few cables, I have managed to configure my router thanks to Mitch and I can hear the audio fine from a wifi connected laptop, but I cannot figure out how to get the TX to work, I have connected the radio via the TTL cable that came with the unit  (I assume this is the CV-I cable as that is where I have connected it to the radio) but running HRD on the laptop I cannot get a connection.

Having a think I thought maybe a PC issue so I have connected the micro PC to another computer here at home and discovered an issue, also the same thing on the laptop when I checked. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit says there is a problem with the device. Please see the pics I have linked from my photobucket account. The same message appears for the other microbit ports on the PC as well.

Has anyone got any advise to offer? Is there anywhere to download device drivers? Or have I installed the incorrect RRCmicro software? Help muchly appreciated in any shape or form.

Tim, Vk6EI
My first foray into any kind of remote devices.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Microbit drivers for win764bit question
« Reply #1 on: 2015-09-17, 15:57:34 »
Tim,

If you bought the radio RRC used, did you wire the internal strappings first? Every type of radio needs different strappings and in
some cases also jumper settings. Just a thought.

Note that you are not required to use the RRC Micro's internal sound card. You can set the client to use and other sound device
on your PC.

Otherwise, I assumed that you first installed the software that you downloaded from the RemoteRig web site before trying to use
the RRC Micro, since you needed these drivers first.

Otherwise, maybe the real experts at Microbit can help you further.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

roland

« Reply #2 on: 2015-09-17, 16:14:13 »
What is your device manager saying. Could there be some overlapping of the ports?

VK6EI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-09-17, 16:18:05 »
Hi Mitch,

The unit was brand new and had never been taken out of its packaging let alone been used. It was purchased by the original ham who had never got around to using after a house move.

I have opened it up and installed the wire links as per the manual and also installed ver 1.8 client software which is what installs the drivers for the device.

Am beginning to think I should have purchased a dual RRC 1258 package and let him have the control head at the hospital. The joys of not being particularly PC savvy hihi..

Tim, VK6EI.

VK6EI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-09-17, 16:27:46 »
What is your device manager saying. Could there be some overlapping of the ports?

Hi Roland,

thanks for the reply. good question, well I think it is though I am unsure of the answer. Below a picture of the com port list in device manager.

I shall have to do a bit of googling to see what you mean but it shall have to wait until tomorrow as I am off to bed. It is 10:30pm here in Perth and I have work at 5am in the morning.

Regards

Tim, VK6EI

roland

« Reply #5 on: 2015-09-17, 16:35:16 »
That looks OK to me.
Here is what you can do. Send a problem report to me. roland@microbit.se
Instructions can be found of this page http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=93

VK6EI

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-09-17, 16:48:12 »
Hi Roland, email on it's way to you as I type. Am pulling the pin here and off to bed so no hurry with your reply, shall see it in the morning.

Thanks again.

Tim, VK6EI
« Last Edit: 2015-09-17, 16:54:55 by VK6EI »