Author Topic: Loud Audio Causes Control Head Shutdown  (Read 3356 times)

VE7GTC

• View Profile
    • Email
Loud Audio Causes Control Head Shutdown
« on: 2015-09-04, 21:56:12 »
I noticed a strange anomaly after setting up a new installation yesterday. I'm using an RRC-1258 MKII and a TS-2000 with a remote head. I noticed when I turn up the volume on the remote head  (louder than comfortable) the remote head shuts down. The RRC control is still functioning properly, and the speaker and transmit still work, but since the control head appears off, I can't change frequency of access anything on the radio.

I have tried a different speaker and a heavier power cord  to the power supply (30 amp supply) and that didn't solve the problem. I put a powered speaker on as a workaround, but just curious on other peoples thoughts.

Gus  K2GT   VE7GTC

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Loud Audio Causes Control Head Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: 2015-09-05, 00:47:51 »
Just a hunch...try bridging JMP2 and see if that solves your problem. It is required for the TS-480,
due to the control panel otherwise not providing enough voltage under a high load, so I would assume
that the TS-2000 would be the same. This would mean their manual is wrong, but maybe I am right.

Worth a try and the one volt won't kill anything.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

VE7GTC

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Loud Audio Causes Control Head Shutdown
« Reply #2 on: 2015-09-05, 02:13:15 »
Thanks, Mitch, but that didn't do it, but now it comes back as soon as I turn the volume lower without delay, so that's an improvement. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gus   K2GT   VE7GTC