Author Topic: K3S remote power on RRC 1258 MKII from telnet session  (Read 3973 times)

K5OA

• View Profile
    • Email
I am looking to use the remote power on function of the RRC [logic low to K3S Acc-1 pin 8]  without the control end being powered up. Want to be able to remote control the remote site from local PC from anywhere when I am not at my home with the RRC 1258 and K3/0 Mini in front of me.  Thanks, can use Alarm wake up function but get reset to off so not able to count on it day after day.
Thanks and not a programmer so lost as to any macor or Mn commands I might be able to use.
73, Russ K5OA

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: K3S remote power on RRC 1258 MKII from telnet session
« Reply #1 on: 2015-09-26, 12:33:06 »
Hi

You can set the output on the radio RRC to be controlled manually. Then you can control it via the RRC webserver.

73 de mike

K5OA

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: K3S remote power on RRC 1258 MKII from telnet session
« Reply #2 on: 2015-09-27, 04:59:30 »
At the Radio RRC the following configurations can be done

Out 0 mode   The output 0 in the I/O connector can be configured to one of five different functions.  I will go up to site this week and test this function.  73 Mike and thanks for the help. Russ , K5OA

I am thinking you are pointing me to the I/O config that is now set to Connect, if I telenet in I can change it to on/off and then use the push button below for the on of swithc correct.  Thanks a bunch, Mike

I/O = The input from the control RRC is transferred to the output of the Radio RRC.
Keyer = The output is used for keyer output to the radio Straight key input.
PTT = The output is used as ext. PTT
Connect = The output is activated when the SIP-connection is actice
On/Off = The output will be controlled from the ON/OFF button* on the row below.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-27, 05:06:30 by K5OA »