Author Topic: Some experiences with Remoterig...  (Read 3180 times)

K0BUB

• View Profile
Some experiences with Remoterig...
« on: 2010-09-30, 03:07:20 »
This item is a wonderful item for the amateur operator who has antenna restrictions and/or for someone who travels.

Now, having said that... I am going to discuss some experiences with the 1258 mkii model (original version -- as there was an updated 1258 mkii version released just a few days ago).

To begin with... What Remoterig does well:

What it says it does it will do, and it will do it well (from where I sit)!  And, that's really what it boils down to for me.

A product that does what it says is extremely important (especially for a new product), as well as a product that promises the user the kinds of enhancements they will use and enjoy!

Some things that I feel would be beneficial to many users:

For me, I would appreciate the ability to select from profile settings for the various places I go (in the event you too return to the same places again as i do).

Also, I think a section of photographs for settings outside one's LAN would be nice.  For some (mainly the technologically challenged, which is easily me at times), this might just be the glue that binds the entire project together! :)

As well, I would give serious consideration to finding a way to make this work without port forwarding.  It has been well documented that turning on DMZ is really not required.  But, how about forwarding the ports that I have found to be required?

And, those are ports 12000... 11000... and port 5060.

All in all, though... as I said this is a "wonderful item," and I have many great things to say about it on the local 2 meter repeater.

Good work Mike!

73, Matt - K0BUB