Author Topic: Volume Adjust on Phone Not Adjustable  (Read 13449 times)

DJ9PC

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Volume Adjust on Phone Not Adjustable
« Reply #15 on: 2016-02-20, 18:41:01 »
Samsung S5 is also called SM-G900F. So I have only one Smartfone and I know nothing about rooting........Android 5 is used in millions of smartfones.

Am I the only person using a Samsung smartfone for RRC nano ? when I use skype with my son or other persons they tell me that it sounds perfect. So it seems, the question is where the audio is picked up in the smartfone or in the RRC micro and if it is the same level that is transferred to the RRC 1258 and fed to DAC.

I should not change audio in the smartfone as it works normal there. The RRC micro has many settings to influence audio and bandwith. Someone in your company must have tested the audio output that goes from RRC1258 to analog mike input at radio.

The audio output sounds like from an overdriven speech processor. Please ask Micke if he has received any signal from a nano user in his radio receiver.

Best regards, Peter 

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-02-20, 19:29:36 »
Hi Peter

There are more than 10 000 different implementations of Android in different devices. We will never be able to support all, that's why we have a free trial month so everyone can check if the App works with their device before they buy. If you have payed the licence but cant use it you can have your money back. We will try to find out if there is a way to adjust the mic gain which works on all android plattforms, but I cannot give any promisses about when or if it's even possible.

73 de mike

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-02-22, 10:45:11 »
Samsung S5 is also called SM-G900F. So I have only one Smartfone and I know nothing about rooting........Android 5 is used in millions of smartfones.

Am I the only person using a Samsung smartfone for RRC nano ? when I use skype with my son or other persons they tell me that it sounds perfect. So it seems, the question is where the audio is picked up in the smartfone or in the RRC micro and if it is the same level that is transferred to the RRC 1258 and fed to DAC.

I should not change audio in the smartfone as it works normal there. The RRC micro has many settings to influence audio and bandwith. Someone in your company must have tested the audio output that goes from RRC1258 to analog mike input at radio.

The audio output sounds like from an overdriven speech processor. Please ask Micke if he has received any signal from a nano user in his radio receiver.

Best regards, Peter
And to answer your questions:

Samsung is the largest Android phone manufacturer so you are surely not the only Nano user using a Samsung phone. However, you are so far the only one that has that kind of audio problems (and reported that to us)

Likewise goes for Android 5, it's so common that you surely are not alone using Nano on that version.

And yes, we have of course tested the audio and its level as we would not have been able to release Nano at all if that had been a general problem.

For us it is really difficult to try fixing something we cannot reproduce ourselves. Without being able to reproduce we would have to resort to release trial-and-error versions for you to try, and that would be time and resource consuming. But rest assured we are trying to find out what more there is to do as it is important for us to have the Nano app working on as many phones as possible.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

DJ9PC

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-02-22, 14:29:58 »
Thank you both Micke and Jan. I will try to find another smartfone to try if it sounds different.

At the RRC micro I have the slider to adjust mike gain. Maybe in the future you will provide a version that has adjustment of mike gain like slider for audio gain.

My RRC micro using Desktop or different laptops does an outstanding job and I always get super reports for the audio. There is no hurry and maybe the problem solves itself, when I have to change to Samsung6 or the S7 that shoiuld come out next month.

Or someone reads this discussion and has found a solution in the smartfone settings.

Best 73s, Peter

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-02-24, 08:48:40 »
The other day another customer said that he had been able to improve the audio quality by turning off the 'speech processor' in the radio. Maybe something you could try?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.