Author Topic: WiFi Module issue  (Read 4233 times)

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
WiFi Module issue
« on: 2015-10-15, 20:48:23 »
I just installed the wifi module in my Control unit. However, I am not able to access the wifi info via the Mircobit manager. I am able to get the information from the unit (i.e. RRC 1258 Unit 2  along with the internet address) however when I then go to tthe WiFi Setup TAB the Get From Device button is greyed out.
I have used the usb cable to connect the unit to the computer as well as applied the 12V DC. I have also removed the ethernet cable from the rear of the unit. When I opened the RRC unit I see that there is a RED LED on top of the WiFi module. Is this simply to let you know hat it is connected within the RRC?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Serge
VA3SB

K8OI

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WiFi Module issue
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-15, 21:20:15 »
I've had to "reset" the unit to "regain" WiFi from be "lost" from the configuration.  It's only happened once, but the reset was the way it came "back".  I didn't have to open the case and re-seat the adapter or anything, just perform the reset and all was right with the world...

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-16, 05:55:08 »
Thank you for the response. I will give it a try in the morning.

Serge
VA3SB

K8OI

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-21, 15:17:16 »
Did the reset work?

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-21, 22:49:38 »
Hi. Thank you for following up. Yes, it is now working as it should. Although initially after the reset it was not working. I will keep this info in my back pocket when travelling for sure.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Serge