Author Topic: Recent N1MM+/Winkey Emulation Problems  (Read 5752 times)

Mike Cotton - K4RUM

• View Profile
Recent N1MM+/Winkey Emulation Problems
« on: 2015-10-27, 13:28:55 »
My rig is a TS-480.  For CW I key it using a keyboard and N1MM+'s winkey emulator.   I usually operate CW at between 30 and 35 WPM.

My setup has worked well for several months, but last week I received an email (with sound files attached) informing me that in at least one instance my CW was noticeably garbled.  Since then I have monitored my remote CW signal using a separate receiver, and while most of the time the CW is fine, occasionally it is a bit garbled.  Can anyone shed some insight on how to correct this? 

I'm using Version 2.87 of the software.  I have no issues when using either SSB or the digital modes, so I assume the issue is with either my software settings or something that may have changed within N1MM+.

I'd also appreciate it if anyone who uses N1MM+ with the winkey emulator could send me their software advanced settings, their keyer settings, and any other relevant settings that I may have overlooked.

Thanks very much.

Mike
K4RUM

cx7tt

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Recent N1MM+/Winkey Emulation Problems
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-30, 15:05:36 »
Mike,

I am experiencing the same issues with K3 and RRC control unit. My cw was fine until about 1 week ago and then when I pushed F4 key, for example, I got a staccato msg for my call W4YY after 3 or 4 pushes, it would send fine but then same would happen again soon thereafter.

I upgraded to V2.90 yesterday, checked all my keyer settings, etc and nothing had changed.

What responses, if any, did you get and/or how did you fix this issue?

Tnx y 73
Tom
now HP1AC

Mike Cotton - K4RUM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-30, 19:59:44 »
Tom  --

Jim, N3JT, told me that the same thing had happened to him.  He rebooted his router and that solved his problem.  I rebooted mine, and it solved mine too.

Hope it works for you.

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-30, 20:50:55 »
Not sure from your postings, but are both of you using the RRC winkey emulator?
I have software settings I can send you once I'm sure of your what you are using.
Dennis W1UE

Mike Cotton - K4RUM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-03-30, 23:47:23 »
I am.  I'd very much appreciate your software settings.

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-03-31, 13:07:42 »
Connect the USB cable between the computer and the RRC Control box.  This cable must be connected, and stay connected, for this to work.  Go into Control Panel, and write down the Windows name for the RRC Comports Com1 and Com 3 (aka ComFSK or ComExtra).  Go into your RRC Control setup and on the Serial Settings page change "Use USB Comport as Com1" to "YES", and change "Com3 Mode (USB-COMFSK)" to "Mode8- Winkey".  Then go into N1MM+ and enable Radio CAT control on the whatever Windows called RRC Comport 1, and enable the Winkey on whatever Windows called RRC Comport FSK or EXTRA.  That should get you up and running.  Dennis W1UE

Mike Cotton - K4RUM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-03-31, 20:53:26 »
Dennis  --  Thanks very much for this.  My software settings are consistent with yours, so I think I've got everything configured correctly.