Author Topic: IC-7100 problem  (Read 6640 times)

LA7NO

• View Profile
    • Email
IC-7100 problem
« on: 2015-10-21, 20:19:52 »
Hello list,

I have had my setup working nicely for a couple of days now. It is a standard configuration with IC-7100 radio on one RRC and the control unit on another RRC. The Radio-RRC is connnected to the router with Ethernet cable. The Control-RRC is connected to a 4G GSM mobile router (ice.net Smartrouter). I am using DynDNS and DHCP as described, and the router is setup with port-forwarding. So, the connection will be really remote, and not on the same local segment.

All works very well. However if I turn off power on the Control-RRC without first powering off the IC-7100 via the control panel, then things go wrong. Afer powering-up the Control-RRC again, nothing seems to works. It seems that the only solution is to reset the IC-7100 radio unit by powering it off and on.

Any clues anyone?

Regards,

Per-Tore
LA7NO

LA7NO

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: IC-7100 problem
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-21, 21:00:53 »
UPDATE:

Tried it again, but this time I've not been able to get it up and running again.

I can connect to both the Control-RRC and the Radio-RRC and look at status etc. All looks normal, except that the SIP status on the Control-RRC is "Unknown (1)". After resetting the Control-RRC, SIP status is again "Idle". But as soon as Ipress power-on on the IC-7100 panel, SIP status goes to "Unknown (1)" again.

P-T

LA7NO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-21, 21:26:06 »
UPDATE #2:

After several tries with full power off/on of  everything, it is now up and running again.

Odd!

P-T

LA7NO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-21, 22:20:46 »

Could the cuse of these problems be reduced availability of the Remoterig DynDNS service?

I assume this is only beng used during initial setup of the connection. After that, it will work fine as long as a reset is not performed.

Anyone else experienced something similar?

P-T

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-22, 10:57:10 »
Hi

I tested the same and it's no problem so I guess it related to your routers, not to the RRCs

73 de mike

SO3Z

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2015-11-08, 18:17:18 »
Hi Guys it is my first post here.

I have same situation as described in this topic. It happens 4th time to me... I have RemoteRig from 6.2015 to now.

I had firmware v2.72, today I upgrade it to the newest. (By the way in old version I had sometimes this info: "Data Abort at 0x00046938, called by 0x00045f78". Some problems with memory leaking probably.)

On my local end I can see this:
Control panel   OFF
Radio   OFF
Connection status   Disconnected
SIP status   Unknown(1)
Last SIP error   None
RTP/UDP audio status   Disconnected
UDP cmd status   Disconnected

And orange led blinks on RR.

It is not problem with IP/internet/router/ports forwarding. All needed ports are available and on my remote site I have public static IP. I made lot of QSOs already.

It seems that communication via RR can "hang radio" sometimes. For now I found only one solution... manualy turn off/on PSU connected to TRX.

I must find the way to turning Radio body without Control Head, I have connected IC-7100 to PC via USB and also via C-IV cable.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-08, 18:33:13 by SO3Z »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2015-11-09, 08:47:20 »
'SIP status   Unknown(1)' could be more informative than saying 'unknown' as it is a timeout that has happened. It's the radio-RRC which considers the control-RRC being 'silent' too long as so makes a disconnect. But why it happens is another question...
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.