Author Topic: "N1MM+" keying through COM port 1 on RRC  (Read 4172 times)

VO1HP

• View Profile
    • VO1HP
    • Email
"N1MM+" keying through COM port 1 on RRC
« on: 2015-11-04, 03:27:49 »
I have K3/0 and K3 remote.  I am using an Elecraft serial USB cable connected to COM1(COM7) to read freq and mode when using N1MM+.  While setting up for CWSS I just discovered that the N1MM+ enter key (using ESM mode) will PTT the rig but no CW is sent.
The rig stays keyed up for the period of the contents of the function key being sent by ESM.    I am connected to COM1 on the RRC unit.

Must be a setting that in correct state?

Frank VO1HP
Frank
VO1HP
K3Mini-K3-RemoteRig

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "N1MM+" keying through COM port 1 on RRC
« Reply #1 on: 2015-11-06, 22:50:00 »
Frank
If I understand you correctly, you are using the Microbit USB port Com1 to make connection with your K3, and you are trying to use the DTR/RTS on that Com line to key your radio.  You have set the K3 and N1MM+ both for RTS/DTR keying.  If my memory serves me correct, unfortunately, that setup doesn't work- the Microbit USB ports won't pass the DTR/RTS signal for cw keying.

I'd suggest that you use the RRC internal Winkeyer.  I have mine connected here, and it works quite well.  Only downside is that you must go into the RRC setup if you want to operate RTTY instead of CW.  If you want or need more info, let me know and I can send it along.

Dennis W1UE

VO1HP

• View Profile
    • VO1HP
    • Email
Re: "N1MM+" keying through COM port 1 on RRC
« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-09, 20:22:13 »
Got the K3/0 Mini and N1MM+ and remote K3 working now on Win 10 PC using RemoteRig gear:
My steps:

1.  In RRC (RemoteRig Control) Serial Settings set USB ---->COM1 = NO

2.  In RRC I/O Settins set USB DTR CW = COM1

3.  In N1MM+ Configuration:  Radio K3 - COM 7 for rig control -38400 8N1   DTR/RTS Always OFF

4.  In N1MM+ Configuration:  No Radio COM4 for CW Keying and PTT   DTR=CW   RTS=PTT

5.  In K3 Menu CONFIG  PTT-KEY = OFF_OFF      (*also works if set to OFF-DTR)

6. Cables:  USB Cable from RRC Mini USB Jack to PC;  and Elecraft USB/Serial cable from RRC COM1 to PC

N1MM+ reads freq and mode and ESM feature works .

Frank VO1HP
Frank
VO1HP
K3Mini-K3-RemoteRig