Author Topic: Can't Connect Remotely from a site  (Read 5153 times)

WC2L

• View Profile
Can't Connect Remotely from a site
« on: 2015-11-28, 02:07:11 »
I have been playing around with remote operation of my station. I have even had a person operate my station from Europe. I can even connect from my office and control my station...

In getting ready for CQWW, I tried to connect to my station while I am away for Thanksgiving. I can web to it the Radio RRC, I can remote to the PC, heck I can telnet to my dx cluster node. When I try to connect from my control RRC, I get a SIP status: Unknown(1) and Last SIP error: SIP Error

I have even tried looking at ports and things, no joy and happiness. The router here is a Netgear WNR3500L. It does have the latest firmware, I can't seem to see connect. I know it is close to CQ WW, but lets see if I can get this work!!

TNX Will WC2L

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Can't Connect Remotely from a site
« Reply #1 on: 2015-11-28, 18:07:35 »
Hi Will,

I am behind on my mails and just saw this.

Are you saying it worked before and stopped working? Or are you saying that others can get
into your RRC and you can not? These are two different issues and would be different answers.

If the second one, check to make sure that your SIP contact is the correct IP (or dynamic DNS)
address. If the first problem, then try restarting everything on both ends and trying again. If
that doesn't help, it would require more troubleshooting, so let us know.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

WC2L

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-28, 20:15:13 »
I would say more of the second...
I had not tried from this QTH before Thursday night... This weekend was the first. Friday I spent more time testing.

SO from work, other traveling and etc. the remote stuff has worked just fine. Myself and others were able to connect. I am not able to connect from where I am this weekend. I have tested with my DNS name and the public IP address from the Control side. I have triple checked the SIP settings. I have even placed them side by side to compare.

I know that my DNS and IP is working, I have tested this by using HTML, telnet, and a couple of other tests. If I see your reply and I am here, I will test. I would like to know what else I need to do.

I of course have restarted both RRC units and both routers.
TNX Will

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-11-28, 21:09:52 »
Then the problem is with the router at your current location. Can you access it to make changes?

Possibilities:
- you left the SIP port on the radio RRC as 5060 and it is blocked
- the router has SIP ALG turned on
- the router is in general blocking ports and needs forwarding
- you can try turning the router firewall off

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

WC2L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-11-28, 21:40:33 »
I have had the SIP ALG disabled. I think I had placed my laptop on  the DMZ (wireless port sharing).
My ports are in the 13000 range....

OK, now I have a bit of egg on my face!!

Looks the newest version of Symantec EndPoint AV is causing the issue from here!!!  Wish I had figured it out sooner. Not sure why the update is causing the problem. It was working when I tested from work on Monday or Tuesday.

More to learn!! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

Will WC2L