Author Topic: Can't connect Icom 706  (Read 3812 times)

KA3DCO

• View Profile
    • Email
Can't connect Icom 706
« on: 2015-11-11, 22:59:44 »
Have been able to complete up to step 12 of System Setup however cannot get Icom 706 to power on via the RRC-1258 MK2 boxes. The settings file of each of the two boxes is attached. If the control cables are connected via the cat5 cable joiner adapter, the radio will power up via the control head but not when separated by the RRC boxes. I think the IP addresses are within the range acceptable by my network but cannot see any other setting that may be preventing the rig from powering up. Following reset of the boxes, the yellow LED on the AUX enet connector is off but within about a minute of trying to power up the radio, the yellow LED begins to blink but nothing else happens. Have tried using a SIP password and no password with no effect. Can you suggest any other tests or settings to try?

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can't connect Icom 706
« Reply #1 on: 2015-11-12, 08:14:56 »
Have you checked 'Connection status', 'SIP status', 'RTP/UDP audio status' and 'UDP cmd status' when attempting to connect/power up?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

KA3DCO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-14, 02:59:12 »
Good evening - I checked the items on Status page as you recommended - this led to our being made aware of port unavailability on my router - next step was to create ports as indicated on page 54 of User Manual (Advanced settings) in router - upon completing this step I was able to "power up" the 706 immediately - all functions appear to be working perfectly - I am a very "happy camper"
Kenny - KA3DCO

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-11-14, 16:34:42 »
:D
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.