Author Topic: 7100  (Read 12036 times)

bigchimp

• View Profile
« on: 2015-11-12, 05:40:06 »
My new RRC's and app are working nicely with the 7100. Thanks for a great product!

For the 7100 my Nano wish list would be;

Tune button operation
Access to memories for repeater operation
Power settings

....and bluetooth headeset please.

For the RRC control it would be nice if the profiles could be linked to a particular network so manual switching was not required. A minor thing, but this would make portable operation seamless.

Thanks,

Ian
Vancouver BC
« Last Edit: 2015-11-12, 07:35:05 by bigchimp »

K8OI

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 7100
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-27, 20:26:20 »
I was curious about the profile option - I'm not sure I understand what you're requesting?  A local network profile vs outside your firewall?  Multiple users with HF/VHF preferences?

Just curious...

73 de K8OI

bigchimp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-28, 07:51:57 »
I use the system at home and take it away with me remote. My 7100 display is always connected through the Remoterig.

I have to use two separate profiles for this. One profile when the control is on my LAN with an IP on the home network,  and a different profile when logging in from outside my home network.

I have to manually switch between the two profiles. What I'm requesting is that the system would link my home profile to my home network so it would switch the profile automatically. Anything outside my home network could be linked to the second profile.

Switching profiles when taking the system remote is the only user input required, but I find it a hassle since I am home and away remote several times each day.

Otherwise I am very pleased. My 7100 occasionally reboots on it's own schedule but I will hopefully work through that at some point.

Perhaps this point of discussion is better served in a different section, but you asked here so I posted here.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-28, 08:02:23 by bigchimp »

K8OI

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-29, 01:24:25 »
Agreed, we probably should relocate this thread somewhere else - BUT...

I simply use my external (public facing) IP hostname all the time.  My router handles the external name resolution and NAT redirection just fine from both my internal network and external IP's.  No changing ports (I have 2 sets of Remote Rigs running on my internal network) or hostnames.

I use DD-WRT on a Netgear router.

73 de K8OI

bigchimp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-29, 01:46:18 »
I've tried this and it is a no-go on my system. And, for various reasons, changing the router is not practical  on my setup.

I'm surprised I appear to be (unfortunately) the only one suggesting this feature? Perhaps other portable users just login and switch profiles without concern?

If the change to the firmware is not a difficult one, it would make the product a bit more usable for some operators.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-29, 08:53:00 »
If the change to the firmware is not a difficult one, it would make the product a bit more usable for some operators.
The way you suggested it to work by automatically switch profile based on current network is not easy to fix, if it all. An alternative would be to use the CW pot to be able to change profile at startup. To know which profile is selected the Power LED could flash its number. Thoughts about that?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

bigchimp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-29, 17:25:45 »
I recall another post requesting this with your solution of a manual switch, and this would work well for me also.

Thank you for considering this request. If I understand correctly, you are suggesting to add a profile switching option to the I/O mode drop down menu?

EDIT: I just re-read your post and it seems you are talking about the turning the CW potentiometer to select profile, is this correct? I think this would work fine.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-29, 17:34:45 by bigchimp »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-02-01, 08:38:49 »
EDIT: I just re-read your post and it seems you are talking about the turning the CW potentiometer to select profile, is this correct? I think this would work fine.
Yes, that's correct.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-02-04, 09:45:58 »
There is a new beta version(2.89) available which has the change-profile-using-the-CW-port feature added. The profile web page will show help instructions how to enable and use it. Download it here:

www.remoterig.com/firmwares/RRC1258-CRC-v2.89_2016-02-04-BETA.zip

and let us know what you think about it  ;)

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-02-10, 11:47:35 »
No one tested 2.89?

bigchimp

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-02-15, 17:51:20 »
I've been away and just noticed your posting. Thanks!

Will test tonight.

Ian
Vancouver

bigchimp

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-02-15, 20:43:19 »
Awesome! The new feature works perfectly!

Thanks you so much.

Regards,

Ian
Vancouver

bigchimp

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-02-16, 03:45:46 »
I've been using the CW pot profile switching all day.

Thanks again for responding to customer requests. Outstanding work!

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-02-16, 08:50:00 »
I've been using the CW pot profile switching all day.

Thanks again for responding to customer requests. Outstanding work!
Great and thank you! :D (But to be honest it would have felt even better if we had had the time to fix this long ago, since it's a rather old feature request. But better late than never as we say here in Sweden  ;) )