Author Topic: Icom 7100 and SW1289 help!!!  (Read 4410 times)

wv9l

• View Profile
    • Email
Icom 7100 and SW1289 help!!!
« on: 2015-11-13, 23:46:21 »
Ive had the remoterig setup for a year on a TS-480HX. Just recently switched to IC-7100. All is well. Now, bought the SW1289 to do auto switching of antennas. As i understood, all i had to do is plug a CAT cable from the remote port of the 7100 to COM2 of the remote unit. I have tried every seeting possible and cant seem to get it to work. Not sure what im missing, as far as settings on COM1&2 on each end. Please help. I have had the radio working fine for a month now. Just trying to add this feature as i have a 6 meter antenna, then an ALS-500 and a multiband antenna on another port.

Thanks in advance for help

sm6xrf

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Icom 7100 and SW1289 help!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2023-04-14, 10:36:32 »
Hi

Iam also having problems to get automatic bandswitching to work. Ive recently also bought the original remoterig CIV interface but i doesnt help. ive tried to follow the manual as good as i can. I can manually switch antenna port from my computer over the local ethernet. But i can not get the automatic band switching to work. the manual is not refering to the same CIV commands as they are named in the radio. Any more tips what can be missing. It was described that there is not much configuration that is nessecary to make?
this time i did not find so much information about sw1289 here in the forum. it seems like a lot of older information and posts about 1289 has dissapered.
i could not find my older posts related to this.

Fredrik
73 Fredde