Author Topic: TS480 RRC1258 CW problem  (Read 3571 times)

dl6dh

• View Profile
TS480 RRC1258 CW problem
« on: 2015-11-19, 07:41:22 »
Hi,

I am using here a TS480 with the RFC1258 (FW 2.87) setup. It works fine here on the bench in my local network. And I made a few QSOs with a paddle directly connected to the control-rrc, all working as expected. :)

But using the WinKeyer emulation, my Cw gets garbeled, it sends often only the first letter and then often it will not react anymore (as terminal I am using UcxLog with WinKeyer support). First I thought about an incompatibility between the Winkeyer-Emulation and the logging software. I then checked it with the RRCMicro. Listening works as expected as well, but sending macros for example does not make fun, the text is shortened and garbeled. The first letters are ok, but then a few letters a missing and at the end, the transmission gets unreadable due to uncorrect keyings... >:( :(

So I geuess I ahve a problem here with the CW settings. Does anybody knows a clue to get it fixed? Thank you!

BR es 73

Henning

yo3irm

• View Profile
Re: TS480 RRC1258 CW problem
« Reply #1 on: 2015-12-05, 20:37:49 »
I experienced a similar behavior last weekend during CQWW CW contest.
Both units connected on a local network, using N1MM+ and TS-480SAT.
Caught my attention the fact that I didn't receive any response to my calls.
The sound generated locally from the TS-480 unit was ok, as expected, but checking my signal on a remote internet SDR, this was unreadable.
Using the paddle connected to RRC, the transmission was ok, using the winkeyer through N1MM+ the resulting signal was unreadable.
Thought was something with N1mm+ setup and switch to DXLAB-Winwarbler, again, the same behavior, it works with the paddle and it generate the same unreadable signal through Winkeyer.
I didn't remember exactly the sequence of the operations but I've removed all RRC software and COMs and do a clean reinstall.
Finally it works as it should

KD0PO

• View Profile
Re: TS480 RRC1258 CW problem
« Reply #2 on: 2015-12-11, 16:13:24 »
when I use the winkey with the little demo program from the winkey web site, mine works great. But when I use thw winkey app in my logging program (logic 9) it will send the first "title" of the macro out as code and then only the first 3 characters of the macro it's self.

I just opt for using the demo program as it seems to do what I need...

http://k1el.tripod.com/WKdemo.html

see if this resolves your problem. then you'll know if it is a rrc issue, a radio issue or a software issue...

Ray