Author Topic: IC-7100 will not power up correctly  (Read 7416 times)

G3UKB

• View Profile
IC-7100 will not power up correctly
« on: 2015-12-12, 21:05:42 »
Hi,
Just trying to configure for my IC-7100. As far as I can tell everything is correct:
 IP configured for local testing, both plugged into same switch.
 Installed the required PCB on the Controller RRC as I have a later version 7100.
 Correct links installed on the Radio RRC.

When I press the power button the back light on the mic keypad comes on, I hear a couple of clicks and the yellow leds on both ends come on for about 2s then go off and the backlight goes out. The display never shows anything.

On the web interface the SIP status is 'Unknown 1' which I understand is a timeout from other posts.

I've no idea what's going on and after several hours of trying have got nowhere. Any help appreciated.

Bob

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: IC-7100 will not power up correctly
« Reply #1 on: 2015-12-13, 10:19:14 »
I asume you have them on the same LAN. As the cables are standard I guess that one of the red wires handling the data is broken or missplaced so the connection comes up but no data is comming trough so it disconnect again.

73 de mike

G3UKB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-12-13, 11:19:18 »
Yes, same LAN, even same switch. I've removed all jumpers on the radio side, checked them for continuity and carefully replaced according to the diagram. Same result as before. The controller just has the official PCB rather than links so nothing I can check there and yes it is the correct orientation.

This is looking like a hardware issue rather than configuration issue now. One thing that was odd is that the radio unit when received already had the feet on it as if it was a previous return unit. Can someone from remoterig please respond to this.

Bob

SM0NEK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-12-13, 12:04:49 »
Hi Bob

I had the same problem because that I did not read the manual correct. Maybe it's the same with you ;-)
The red strap at the radio unit from RxD to "pin 8", is it set? The text says that it's only valid for the first version of the IC-7100. I did not read it carefully enough so I left it out on the radio unit. I have a late version so I have the extra PCB as well.

Just my two pennies.

/Lars-Owe

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2015-12-13, 14:49:00 »
Yes as i wrote it's because no data is comming trough, it an be as easy that the baudrate is set wrong also. You can send me the exported settings (html) files so I can have a look at them. All units we ship is tested and there is never any hardware problems, there are always explanations to why it's working. And of course we  don't send out used units, if the feets are there or not has nothing to do with that.

/mike

G3UKB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-12-13, 15:55:23 »
Thanks. My fault, didn't realise I had to change the baud rate from its default 9600 and in my brain I thought as long as both ends were the same it should work. Perhaps it should make it clearer in the manual that the settings are important and mandatory rather than saying Radio Settings (example), or at least draw attention to the really important ones.

Anyway, working well now so looking forward to having some fun.

Bob

Ik4pkn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-12-13, 16:05:13 »
Same problem here...you have one photo of correct strip configuration?
Thanks a lot
Paolo
Hi,
Just trying to configure for my IC-7100. As far as I can tell everything is correct:
 Installed the required PCB on the Controller RRC as I have a later version 7100.

When I press the power button the back light on the mic keypad comes on, I hear a couple of clicks and the yellow leds on both ends come on for about 2s then go off and the backlight goes out. The display never shows anything.

On the web interface the SIP status is 'Unknown 1' which I understand is a timeout from other posts.

I've no idea what's going on and after several hours of trying have got nowhere. Any help appreciated.

Bob

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2019-12-13, 17:44:25 »
If this happen it's because the start signal comes to the Radio but no data. The radio has a watchdog so if it does not receive data for 100ms it turns off. The simplest reason is that the program mode is set wrong (2) or the baudrate is set wrong (38400). It can also happen if the red straps are in wrong place or broken inside.

73 de mike

Ik4pkn

• View Profile
Re: IC-7100 will not power up correctly ( solved )
« Reply #8 on: 2019-12-14, 08:17:22 »
Hi 
I solved the problem.
wrong baudrate!!!!!
sorry
Same problem here...you have one photo of correct strip configuration?
Thanks a lot
Paolo
Hi,

Bob