Author Topic: Blinking green LED  (Read 4636 times)

KA3DCO

• View Profile
    • Email
Blinking green LED
« on: 2015-12-23, 01:57:25 »
The green LED on front panel of RRC 1258 Control unit will not stop blinking. In an attempt to connect to Radio unit at another location as soon as I pressed the "power" button this LED began blinking. I am using an Icom IC-706 at and have not been able to get Radio to work. At same time LED started blinking three audio tones began through speaker, sounding much like the tones you get on a phone when you dial a wrong number. I am certain all my cabling is correct and I think my configuration is also correct. I have tried completely removing all wires and cables from Control unit but cannot stop the blinking. I have been successful in getting the radio to work only through my own router, but cannot get it to work in another location.

Kenny Thomas
KA3DCO
krtjr@verizon.net   
« Last Edit: 2015-12-23, 08:04:50 by Jan (Microbit) »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Blinking green LED
« Reply #1 on: 2015-12-23, 08:16:21 »
Your RRC does not have a working network(Ethernet) connection. The audio tones you hear is due to the RRC not being able to connect to the other side. Are the yellow and/or green LED on the Ethernet connector flashing or being lit?

When moving the radio RRC from your internal network to another location I assume you have changed 'Sip Contact' accordingly? Also, I assume you have used the Setup Manager program to configure a suitable IP address etc for your network?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

KA3DCO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-12-24, 04:28:46 »
Jan - many thanks for reply - I have suspected something in the router at the radio site that is not like it should be - your diagnosis is very sensible and I will follow up on that - thanks again - Kenny, KA3DCO

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-12-24, 05:17:08 »
Kenny,

If you need my networking checklist for RemoteRig, just let me know. Drop a short mail to dj0qn (at) darc.de. You may find the problem
using it.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX