Author Topic: No Audio from Remote  (Read 4286 times)

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
No Audio from Remote
« on: 2015-12-27, 19:24:02 »
Hello to the group and Season's Greetings to all.

I have spent quite a bit of time over the past couple of days attempting to trouble shoot an audio connection issue along with my friend Will, WC2L. We have reviewed the forum threads and cannot seem to find any reference to this issue. I have also upgraded to version 2.87 of the firmware on both the Control and Radio units. I am using a Yaesu FT-3000 transceiver at my remote location.

I have attached screen shots of both my Radio and Control Unit RRC Status pages.

The problem is that while I am able to connect directly with my Control unit to another remote station Will - WC2L and Will is in turn able to connect to my remote station with his Control unit without any audio issues, when I try to connect to my remote station I do not hear any audio.   As can be seen from the Control Unit's screen shot, I get error messages in my Connection status - Faulty (See below),  RTP/UDP audio status - Stalled (27 - NOTE: this number changes as I have seen number 30 and 23 as well) and UDP cmd status - Error (0). I also hear a beep every 25-30 seconds coming from the Control RRC. The Yellow connected LED is illuminated.

Will and I have compared all of our Control unit settings which are the same.

I should also mention, that the setup was working as of a week or so ago when I was at the remote site (my cottage - about 250 Kms away) and I was using the internal network.

Any assistance and guidance would be gratefully appreciated. Please let me know if you require any additional information.

Thanks you all in advance.

Serge
VA3SB

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: No Audio from Remote
« Reply #1 on: 2015-12-27, 21:55:32 »
Hi Serge,

The number between () after "RTP/UDP audio status" and "UDP cmd status" is not an error code as such, it's a counter which starts to count down when the RTP stream and/or UDP command channel stops transferring data. When it reaches 0 it is considered being an error. In your case it seems the Control RRC is not receiving RTP and command data for some reason. So if the Radio RRC has a connection status without errors it seems something is preventing the RTP/Udp cmd data from the Radio RRC to the Control RRC.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-12-27, 23:19:44 »
Thank you for your very prompt response Jan.

I have been trying a few things today to see if I could get audio from my remote station.
I have been using my main shack computer in the city. I decided to take the laptop that I was testing the system with at the cottage and try to connect. I share the wireless connection with the Control Unit. When I connected I received audio immediately and it is working fine.
I do not understand what could be causing this audio problem as I am using the same router for the laptop as my shack PC (although he main PC is wired directly to the router on the main floor of the house). The difference is that I am using a wireless connection with the laptop. I do not have any anti virus software running as I have disable them.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Serge
VA3SB

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-12-28, 07:08:02 »
Could it be a firewall issue? You could try to change the RTP and UDP cmd ports(in both the Control and Radio RRC of course ;) ) and see if that helps.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2015-12-28, 16:40:33 »
Thank you for your response Jan. I have disabled my firewall to test out the system. I will also give your suggestion a try.

Thanks again.

Serge
VA3SB