Author Topic: Cellular connection  (Read 7840 times)

kf6c

• View Profile
    • Email
Cellular connection
« on: 2016-01-04, 18:11:49 »
I am trying to set up a remote using the K3S, K3/0 and the RRC-1258. The system works fine with both the remote and client hardwired to LAN. It also works with the client connected via an IOGEAR GWU627 wireless interface.
Samsung S6 but so far have not been able to make the wireless connection to either. The phone does not have WPS and the Z915 connects and immediately disconnects using WPS.  I have been told by IOGEAR support that they have a less than 1% I am looking for a method to connect the client (k3/0) to GSM (T-Mobile). I have tried ZTE Z915 and success rate with connection to the major carriers, and I am still waiting for a reply from higher tech support of the ZTE device.  Does anyone know of a good solution for connecting the client via GSM?
I have also installed the RRC Nano on  the S6 but it does not appear to connect. (do I need a license to make the connection). The conditions of this test were with the K3S and RRC 1258 MkII connected to the LAN and working and then changing the SIP contact IP to that of the External IP derived from check.dyndns.org.
I have also installed the RRC micro but receive an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error when trying to start the program. My computer is a Razer Blade Laptop running windows 10. The installation did not proceed well as there are background programs running that the installation program could not close.  I tried both Automatically close applications and Ignore when that failed. The computer had been restarted before installation was tried.
I would appreciate any help on any of these problems.
Thanks Brian KF6C.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cellular connection
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-05, 08:52:09 »
For RRC Nano you should have a trial period during which you should be able to use the app without a license. Do you mean that RRC Nano were unable to connect on LAN as well as on external network?

For RRC Micro there might be some log files in a sub directory to My Documents called 'MicrobitLogs'. If so then send/attach them.

When installing without being able to close the programs the installation wants to close it should still succeed if you reboot after the installation.

Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

kf6c

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-06, 08:14:18 »
Nano
I am not sure I have connected to the radio. However for a brief spell the radio seamed to be turning on and off in some relation to the connect disconnect button but then gave me some error about license and done nothing since. That was with the actual address of the router used for the SIP Contact over WAN (maybe)??. I have not been able to connect over LAN but I am not convinced it is not a carrier (T Mobile) issue.

Micro seems to make connection over the LAN but does nothing.

Brian KF6C.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-06, 08:39:36 »
Micro:
What about the log file(s) I asked about?

Both:
While attempting to connect to the RRC browse to the RRC's Status page and observe what the connection status is? You might have to reload the page to see different statuses as you try to connect.

kf6c

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-06, 16:51:53 »
Nano
In my enthusiasm for getting a link via WAN I did not think trough the LAN issue. I now have Nano working via LAN over using wifi. I am still confused over the IPs for the radio side of the link. I have set the port forwarding Internal IP to 192.168.1.170 which is the address that it was given for working over LAN. When I look at the IP given by the setup manager I see 192.168.1.15, is this the internal address allocated by the router when using  Dynamic DNS.   

Micro
I may have misunderstood the purpose of MICRO. Is it a standalone program or a link to something like Ham Radio Delux? I have attached the log files. I was having trouble sending the files so I renamed the log file .txt

kf6c

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-07, 08:07:30 »
I obviously did not read the info on the micro it clearly states it is for use with such as Ham Radio Delux sorry!

I have suddenly another problem. I have been using 192.168.1.170 IP for the radio RRC as supplied by Elecraft up to now with no problem but now it requests a user name and password from Remoterig.com

Brian KF6C

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-07, 10:07:22 »
Nano
In my enthusiasm for getting a link via WAN I did not think trough the LAN issue. I now have Nano working via LAN over using wifi. I am still confused over the IPs for the radio side of the link. I have set the port forwarding Internal IP to 192.168.1.170 which is the address that it was given for working over LAN. When I look at the IP given by the setup manager I see 192.168.1.15, is this the internal address allocated by the router when using  Dynamic DNS.   
What's important is that IP used by the port forwarding and the RRC is the same. A port forwarding setup to 192.168.1.170 and an RRC having 192.168.1.15 as IP will not work, if that is how you system is configured.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-07, 10:08:18 »

I have suddenly another problem. I have been using 192.168.1.170 IP for the radio RRC as supplied by Elecraft up to now with no problem but now it requests a user name and password from Remoterig.com

Brian KF6C
Do you mean when trying to browse to the RRC?

kf6c

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-01-07, 17:22:53 »
Yes

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-01-07, 18:07:10 »
If so then you might have to factory reset the RRC. But before that make really sure you are browsing the RRC and not some other device, though it is likely the RRC if the login prompt says so.

kf6c

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-01-08, 18:50:40 »
After factory reset of the RRC the   Name and Password   window went away and the RRC units are working on LAN.

These are some of my results I am not sure how repeatable any of them are.
The Nano had stopped working but after uninstalling  and reinstalling it, it worked again.  It is was working using WAN with the SIP contact set to 70.179.26.126 which is the External IP of the router. The RRC is set DDNS. After changing the phone running Nano to look at the settings and returning to Nano (radio sound did not go away) the bandwidth, manual freq entry and connect disconnect  are working but nothing else. Changing to DDNS setting stopped the Nano. Changing back to the router External IP caused the Nano to start again with the same limited control as before. The connect disconnect button reverses at times. After restarting Nano it is working fully. Now after a number of reinstalls I get an invalid app license.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-01-08, 19:05:46 »
Which firmware version does your radio RRC have? If it's too old then Nano (and/or Micro) will not work ok.

kf6c

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-01-14, 08:20:05 »
I installed version 2.87 the units came with 2.86. I had Nano working to some degree over WAN. The radio turned on and the immediately turned off it did this three or four times then it turned on and stayed on but Nano only had the bandwidth, manual freq entry and connect disconnect  working but nothing else ( I have seen this condition quite often). I also often have seen the state where the connect disconnect are reversed. The mobile hotspot dropped out on the phone and Nano  displayed "Invalid App License".  It is now back to the bandwidth, manual freq entry and connect disconnect  working and no audio it is giving the correct radio frequency . It has started to display all controls and is now tuning the radio but no audio. changing bandwidth a few times caused the control to go gray and stop working. The PTT does not appear to work radio is still tuning from phone. Band change works. Mode is working and has returned the bandwidth control to working. Touching disconnect turned the radio off it also disconnected the mobile hotspot (probably not an app issue.  After reconnecting the mobile hotspot touching the connect/ disconnect four times in succession turned the radio back on in the bandwidth only mode. I don't know if this information helps if it does I will attempt to keep as good a record as I can if not I will try to keep only the relevant issues.
I now appear to have the Elecraft twin working over WAN after purchasing the Microbit wifi.
73 Brian KF6C