Author Topic: Expert 1K-FA web control anomaly  (Read 14942 times)

OH1MLZ

• View Profile
Expert 1K-FA web control anomaly
« on: 2016-01-05, 19:02:03 »
Sometimes when I switch my 1K-FA on remotely via RC-1216H web page, it does not start up correctly. Or maybe it does, but at least all items in control screen don't appear correctly. I have attached two images to visualize the situation. Capture1.jpg shows the control screen when amp has been just remotely contacted and is switched off. Capture2.jpg shows how the control screen sometimes ends up like after ON button has been pushed to turn amp on. Green light in upper right corner in both images is flashing, captured image just cannot show this. Only way to make all control items appear correctly after pushing ON button is to remove power momentarily from both the amp and RC-1216H (=reset).

Any ideas?

Juha, OH1MLZ

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Expert 1K-FA web control anomaly
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-07, 13:54:28 »
Very hard to say what is going on. Which firmware version is the RC-1216H using?

When the green light in the upper right corner is flashing the RC-1216H has lost contact with the 1K-FA. Why is the "1000€ question". But it sounds strange that you have to power cycle the WS too, are you sure about that?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

OH1MLZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-08, 14:18:53 »
FW version is 4.18. Sometimes also OPERATE, STANDBY, FULL AND HALF leds are missing while all other items are working.
I try to test for some time with different browser like IE if it's browser dependent, so far I have been using Firefox. I can also try if I can connect with Expert Console2 via serial server in case web interface has problems.

Juha

OH1MLZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-08, 15:17:45 »
Update.
Not browser dependent, same thing happened with IE. When web interface was not functioning correctly I contacted also with Expert Console2 and whew, all items appear correctly also on web control screen. Go figure.

Juha

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-08, 19:48:07 »
Does "missing" and "not appearing" literally mean that they are non-existing?

OH1MLZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-09, 07:26:26 »
What I mean is that mentioned "leds" stay white.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-09, 23:51:09 »
Update.
Not browser dependent, same thing happened with IE. When web interface was not functioning correctly I contacted also with Expert Console2 and whew, all items appear correctly also on web control screen. Go figure.

Juha
I am not an "Expert" expert, hehe, but is the Expert Console2 a program which communicates with the 1K-FA by RS232 like the RC-1216H does? If so then it seems something is wrong with the RS232 communication between the RC-1216H and the 1K-FA, making the RC-1216H show incomplete status on its web page.

OH1MLZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-10, 14:51:53 »
Yes it is. I guess its pretty much the reason why you provide the serial server functionality in RC-1216H, to be able to connect with Expert Console2 as well. This is explained starting from page 57 in the RC-1216H manual.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-01-11, 05:49:41 »
Yes it is. I guess its pretty much the reason why you provide the serial server functionality in RC-1216H, to be able to connect with Expert Console2 as well. This is explained starting from page 57 in the RC-1216H manual.
So, do you mean that you actually were running Expert Console2 via RC-1216H's serial server? And that it worked, while the web interface did not?

EA7EU

• View Profile
    • Hamradio Blog, news & DX
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-01-16, 21:13:00 »
Hi!
Maybe some RF is getting in on your RC-1216H.
Try with a good ground + Goog CAT7 Cable RJ45 + Several ferrites on all the cables.

Good Luck

OH1MLZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-01-17, 09:16:41 »
This happens totally without RF. All radio equipment is off and if I try to turn on just amplifier without RF this happens sometimes.

New observation from today:

When I get the screen like in capture2.jpg, pushing DISPLAY CMD buttons makes all leds appear in correct color FOR 3-4 seconds instead of just white, then they turn white again. So led in upper right corner turns from flashing to constant green, FULL/HALF led becomes RED (in FULL) and OPERATE/STANDBY led becomes RED (OPERATE selected). And after 3-4 seconds FULL/HALF and OPERATE/STANDBY leds turn all white but MAIN and ON leds stay RED. If I push DISPLAY CMD again this repeats..

And also frequency readout and temperature appear correct when led colors are correct, when mentioned leds turn white, frequency and temp reading turn to "--".
« Last Edit: 2016-01-17, 09:18:55 by OH1MLZ »

EA7EU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-01-17, 11:20:15 »
Is the cable from RC to Expert COM well made? Did you checked inside?

Can you try to get it work the Expert throught the RRC COM 1??? Did you did before? Works?

:o

OH1MLZ

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-01-17, 18:29:27 »
Cable is not checked for possible intermittent connection with DVM or visually by opening connectors. I will do it next time when I will be at my station.
Juha

EA7EU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-01-17, 20:46:32 »
Maybe is there the problem!  ;)

Good Luck

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-01-25, 14:16:19 »
Cable is not checked for possible intermittent connection with DVM or visually by opening connectors. I will do it next time when I will be at my station.
Juha
How is it going?