Author Topic: virtual port to control expert 1kw  (Read 5253 times)

w1asb

• View Profile
virtual port to control expert 1kw
« on: 2016-02-17, 01:46:01 »
Hi
I had all working but I upgraded my windows to windows 10 and now I lost virtual com port to control expert 1F-kw using factory software . Now is there is any way around to create that port without going to remote site and connecting to RH1216 cause I know before when I connect mini usb then port was created at this moment when I'm trying open 1f-kw software there is message that "this hardware configurations has no serial ports available" besides all working really well ,enjoy your product every day
Thanks
Adam W1ASB

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: virtual port to control expert 1kw
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-17, 12:02:17 »
Hi Adam,

If I understand how you are using the RC-1216H correct, then it seems you are mixing up the different types of virtual Com ports that exists ;)

The Com port which is added to the PC when you connect the RC-1216H via USB is not related to the Com port that is created from inside the Setup Manager program. The USB Com port is not needed if you want to use the remote Com/serial port feature of the RC-1216H as the Com port created by the Setup Manager is a software only port.

So in your case it's most likely the drivers for the software only/remote com port which do not work after you upgraded to Win10. To fix your problem it might help by installing the latest Setup Manager found here:

http://www.webswitch.se/wp/?page_id=190

as it installs new drivers too. You might have to manually uninstall the previous version first. In case it still does not work you can follow this FAQ article as it applies to those com ports too:

http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=3200

and do this:

Uninstall all Microbit ports/devices. Answer ‘U’ on the question ‘Do you want to uninstall all Microbit devices automatically?’ followed by ‘C’ to do that. It is advised to unplug all Microbit devices before uninstalling all Microbit devices.

after doing that you have to install Setup Manager again.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

w1asb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-18, 04:19:29 »
Jan,
Thanks for your replay and help after reading all I finally understood  that all ports are installed along with setup manager and all I have to do to assign port for my needs .I removed Microbit setup manager as you suggested and install latest version 1.30 then in setup (serial port) I choose com and port and its working!!
Thanks again
Adam

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-18, 06:12:21 »
 :)
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.