Author Topic: Remote Relay Closure  (Read 3707 times)

N6IE

• View Profile
    • Email
Remote Relay Closure
« on: 2016-02-17, 08:32:16 »
I want to set up a very simple remote switching system on my RRC-1258 MKII where I can close a switch at the control side and have a closure at the remote end.  I am using the RRC-1258 only for the audio codec and FSK function with the remote radio controlled via remote desktop applications. 

Is there a simple way I set up one or more remote relay closures using the RRC-1258?  If so, how would I set that up?

Thanks,
Ron
N6IE

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Remote Relay Closure
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-17, 08:40:46 »
hi if you set In0 mode to I/O in the Control-rrc  and out0 mode to I/O in the Radio-RRC. If you then connect In0 to gnd the OC transistor in the radio-RRC will connect out0 to GND. Remember that it only works when the conection is up.

73 de mike

N6IE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-17, 17:46:55 »
Thanks for the quick replay, Mike!

In0 on the Control unit and Out0 on the Radio unit are both currently set to Keyer. I'm not using the internal keyer in the RRC, but IIRC that circuit may be how I'm keying CW from my computer and external memory keyer.  The USB RTS as PTT and USB DTR as CW are both set to Disabled.  Also, COM1 and COM2 are set to Inactive.  Can any of these be used?

BTW, on the Radio unit, OUT0 and OUT2 are set to Keyer, OUT1 is set to Baudot-RTTY.

Thanks,
Ron
N6IE

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-17, 19:55:04 »
if all outputs are occupied it's not much to do. The serial ports cannot control a relay direct so it will not be worth the effort as you need to add extra components. A webswitch like our 1216H or anything like it, is probably a better choice then http://shop.microbit.se/webshop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=90

73 de mike