Author Topic: Out of ideas to get units connected  (Read 4238 times)

KA3DCO

• View Profile
    • Email
Out of ideas to get units connected
« on: 2016-02-17, 06:31:44 »
Dear community,

We've spent weeks on this and have been unable to get a radio and remote control unit to connect across the internet. I'm attaching a PDF diagram of the interconnection of the units. It isn't really very complicated but the permutations of the settings has us defeated, the units just won't connect across the internet. They do just fine when connected "locally" (hardwired) on each side of the network connection but when attempting across the network, zip. We think the UDP ports 13000-13002, 23, 80 and 13010 are open on both sides of the network connection. There are complexities provided by the settings in the AppleAirPort Extreme router which give you possibilities for IPV6 (which we've declined and have specified IPV4). I've provided representative IP addresses of the nodes involved. Could someone verify which should be specified in the SIP fields of the RRC remote controller and if any should be in the RRC radio controller? Thanks for your assistance.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Out of ideas to get units connected
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-17, 06:36:32 »
Did you already request my networking Checklist? That would for sure allow you to get online, assuming you
have a public IP number. If you need the checklist, send me a short mail to dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send
it to you.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-17, 08:10:07 »
Yes use Mitch checklist. I think you have made it to complicated to start with, having two routers at the radio end is like begging for problems. I try to browse 27.0.10.105 with no result so the portforwarding is not working. Port 80 and 23 should be TCP. My recommendation is to connect the Radio-RRC direct to the first router or even direct to the modem to start with, when it works you can try with two routers. SIP contact should be 27.0.10.105 if it's a fixed IP, if not you should use the ddns hostname you find when you activate ddns at the ddns page in the radio-RRC.

73 de mike

KA3DCO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-17, 08:27:43 »
Mike,

Thanks so much for your interest. The IP addresses in the drawing are "representative" not actual. I'd prefer not publishing the real addresses. Your earlier post, several days ago, resulted in discovering that indeed DBS appears to be working. A DNS hostname, own hostname, username, and password were reported from RemoteRig.com.

My suspicion is that settings are not yest correct on the "controller" side. RemoteRig DNS seems able to discover the radio, yes?

Thx
Scott
W3SEH

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-17, 08:33:37 »
ok

if you PM me correct info I can try to connect from here so you get to know in which end you have the trouble
e
/mike