Author Topic: "Only Listening Supported" with dongle plugged in  (Read 4833 times)

N2NL

• View Profile
"Only Listening Supported" with dongle plugged in
« on: 2016-02-11, 03:58:45 »
Hello,

I recently received the RRC Micro 1274B and installed the software according to the Remoterig web site.  It is working fine for RX and for keyboard CW, but I am unable to PTT and the software is telling me "Only listening supported".  The Debug log states "Soundcard 1274A not found.  PTT not possible!".  If I understand correctly, the 1274B doesn't come with an integrated sound card.  The "connected devices" page shows the 1274B as being connected.

The dongle is plugged in while attempting to troubleshoot.

I've tried this on two PCs, a WIN7 and WIN10 machine with the same results.

I have the K3/0 and Android app and both work normally with my remoted K3.

I've reached the end of my troubleshooting ability and suspect it's something dumb I am overlooking.   Any ideas?  Also, I was curious if there has been any recent movement toward integrating paddle CW with the RRC Micro.  Is this what the AUX jack would be used for?  What is the AUX jack used for now?

Thanks,
-Dave N2NL

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Only Listening Supported" with dongle plugged in
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-11, 15:02:40 »
I've reached the end of my troubleshooting ability and suspect it's something dumb I am overlooking.   Any ideas?
Thanks,
-Dave N2NL
Yes, I've got an idea! We are the 'dumb' part here as there was a bug regarding the 1274B dongle... Thanks for making us aware of that! There is a new version(1.9.1) for you to try here:

http://www.remoterig.com/firmwares/RRCMicro_1.9.1.zip
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

N2NL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-12, 01:27:40 »
Jan,  the new version fixed the problem - thank you!  FYI, I had some issues with installing the new virtual COM ports, specifically a DLL error.  I was able to work around this by (1) uninstall the existing version of RRC Micro (2)  Reboot  (3)  Install the new version.  The reboot corrected the issue.  This is on a WIN10 machine.  With version 1.9.1 PTT works as expected. 

I am still interested in knowing what the AUX jack on the 1274B is used for, if anything at the moment.

Thanks!
73, Dave

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-12, 08:26:31 »
Sounds great! The driver issue could have been Windows locking up the dll and what you did unlocked it and so made the installation possible.

The AUX input will in time be used as a paddle input.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.