Author Topic: K3 ERR PTT  (Read 4148 times)

K3TN

• View Profile
K3 ERR PTT
« on: 2016-02-28, 23:02:20 »
Using K3/0 or K3/Mini to connect to remote K3 over RRCs, started getting ERR PTT from the remote K3 on startup, indicating PTT was asserted on the remote K3 when it was attempting to power up.

Found that disconnected Control RRC from the K3 Mic jack avoided the error (checked both by removing mic jack connection and disconnecting RJ45 from the RRC - it is not a cable issue) - so, the Control RRC is asserting PTT on that connection.

On the control RRC page, PTT Status says off, but that does not seem to be the case.

Tried remote reset, had local guy  unplug power to the control RRC, tried soft reset with the button on the back panel - no joy, the problem remains.

Anything else to try besides hard reset on the remote button? If that (and restoring everything) doesn't solve the problem, anything other than a hardware fault possible?

Thanks, John K3TN

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: K3 ERR PTT
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-29, 10:18:25 »
Hi

You mix things up a bit when you call both RRCs Control-RRC. Do you mean that if you disconnect the cable on the Control side from the K3/0-mini to the Control-RRC it's OK ?

73 de mike

K3TN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-29, 12:08:25 »
Problem solved, {insert chagrin-faced emoticon here}

I had disconnected my headset from the RRC. When I reconnected, I plugged the mini-phono mic plug into a mini-phono connector - but instead of plugging into the mic one, I plugged into the one on a Y for the footpedal. So, I guess the microphone looked like a low impedance short on the footpedal PTT signal. Big sigh.

73 John K3TN

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-29, 12:49:42 »
Hi

Yes that's an resonable explanation

73 de mike