Author Topic: I need help with 3G mobile connection  (Read 6969 times)

rrcwithft857

• View Profile
I need help with 3G mobile connection
« on: 2016-03-03, 16:58:53 »
Hello people
I have a Yaesu Radio ft 857 with RRC- 1258, I was able to connect different LANs and the team worked excellent my problem was that I could not link the units with a 3G mobile network use a modem Huawei E303 and a linksys router TL-MR3020 did and all possible configurations and are not bound, but is encendel the radio unit does not, however software appear to me as connected and transmitting but the front of the radio will not turn on, the truth is not that more quiciera try someone could help me to use that spectacular team. thanks!!

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I need help with 3G mobile connection
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-07, 11:19:06 »
When being connected, do you see the UDP cmd status number within () counting down and reach zero? Or is it reset to approx 45 before it becomes zero?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-07, 13:22:10 »
What kind of ping times do you have ? FT-857 is much more sensitive to internet latency compared to the other rigs, but if it's below 100 ms it should work. With 4G and modern 3G it should not be any prolem but some old 3G system may have too long latency

73 de mike

rrcwithft857

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-07, 16:32:29 »
version 2.90

rrcwithft857

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-03-07, 16:38:03 »
When being connected, do you see the UDP cmd status number within () counting down and reach zero? Or is it reset to approx 45 before it becomes zero?

UDP cmd status drops to 16 and rises to 45

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-03-07, 16:43:44 »
you have measured ping time over the LAN, it says nothing, you must measure over the Internet connection

73 de mike

rrcwithft857

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-03-07, 18:01:52 »
you have measured ping time over the LAN, it says nothing, you must measure over the Internet connection

73 de mike

It has every reason

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-03-07, 18:11:28 »
That show the ping time to a testserver, not the correct path. You should use a PC at the same place as the you have the control panel and measure to the public IP of the router which the Radio-RRC is connected to. The speed test you have published show  low upload speed, With only 0,12 Mbit/s you must use Audio quality 0 otherwise it will not work.

73 de mike

rrcwithft857

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-03-07, 18:47:39 »
That show the ping time to a testserver, not the correct path. You should use a PC at the same place as the you have the control panel and measure to the public IP of the router which the Radio-RRC is connected to. The speed test you have published show  low upload speed, With only 0,12 Mbit/s you must use Audio quality 0 otherwise it will not work.

73 de mike

try lowering the audio quality but it did not work, control is connected to the 3G network and the radio to a lan network 6mb when I turn on the radio panel that tries to connect ie it sounds the radio unit as if to go but the panel does not light illuminates only momentarily, if I check the status of both software I can see that they are connected and transmitting but it is not. Other tests can make ??