Author Topic: RRC-Micro Question  (Read 3206 times)

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
RRC-Micro Question
« on: 2016-03-18, 18:34:39 »
Tried out the trial version of RRC-Micro and like it. Seriously thinking of ordering it.

I do have a follow question however. Is it possible to use a logging or contest program like N1MM+ or DXlab Suites in conjunction with the Micro? If so, I guess one needs to come up with user defined controls to be able to turn on the radio and control filters etc?

Be interested in hearing from anyone who has had experience with this type of setup. Certainly would have made operating from China a bit easier (although had some major issues with the Great Firewall of China though :-)). But I was able to make a few qso's from Beijing.

Thank you very much in advance.

Serge
VA3SB

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: RRC-Micro Question
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-18, 18:53:24 »
Hi Serge,

As far as I know, using a logging/CAT program is the only way to use the RRC Micro. Just set
the CAT to use COM2 with the correct baud rate and you are all set.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: RRC-Micro Question
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-18, 18:58:40 »
Thank you for your prompt response Mitch.
I will play a little more with both N1MM and DXlab. Obviously I did not do it correctly. :-) I really want to try to be able to transmit cw and do RTTY using the function keys of the logging/contesting software. Although I know that I would not be able to test the transmitting as I am only using the trial version of RRC-Micro.

As usual thank you for your assistance Mitch.

Regards

Serge
VA3SB