Author Topic: Remoterig and IC-7100 power on question  (Read 4636 times)

SO3Z

• View Profile
    • Email
Remoterig and IC-7100 power on question
« on: 2016-03-21, 19:13:04 »
Hi !

I have one question about IC-7100 and RR and CAT Control.
I must say it works wonderful - radio shack with 5GHz WLAN with public IP 4/2Mbps - other side in my home via ftth.

Is there any chance for POWER ON  button in remoterig web interface or small area for CAT command via COM0 ?

I'm using in two ways my setup - with remote rig + radiohead + mic or only with PC in radio shack with cw/ssb/digi from PC connected to TRX. (also in second case radiohead is connected via RR)

TRX USB here is used for HRD / WSJT / audio in/out
TRX CI-V jack is used for omniRIG (HD SDR / panadapter - IF tap)

COM1 from RR I have for diy arduino rotor controller. workes quite good.

I can switch OFF radio via CI-V or USB (HRD / TRX manager) - but no chance for power ON when radiohead is away via RR.
If I had radiohead connected directly to radio no problem at all with power ON via CAT command from PC.

Product 1258
PID 4
Version 7
HW 8
Software 2.87
Bootloader 1.10

« Last Edit: 2016-03-21, 19:33:01 by SO3Z »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Remoterig and IC-7100 power on question
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-22, 09:22:24 »
Hi

As I understand you, I don't think that's a Remoterig issue, I think it's better to talk to the developer of the PC-software you use and ask him to implement the special power on message which is needed to start the Radio via CI_V

73 de micke

SO3Z

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Remoterig and IC-7100 power on question
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-22, 21:19:43 »
I dont' think so.

If I have radio + radiohead connected localy all is ok - PC software can switch ON ic-7100
If I have radio to RemoteRig <- internet -> RemoteRig to radiohead - PC software can't power ON ic-7100

In both situation PC is located in radio location and connected via USB and also via CI-V jack.
I try with Ham Radio Deluxe / TRX manager and others, and I know the correct CI-V command.

But I will try to fix this situation on my own anyway.
Or maybe other users find solution.

vy73!
de Andy
« Last Edit: 2016-03-22, 21:24:25 by SO3Z »