Author Topic: Audio Drops  (Read 5072 times)

W0JM

• View Profile
    • Email
Audio Drops
« on: 2016-03-28, 08:27:29 »
I have been experiencing audio drops at my control site and thought it was do to a poor internet connection. However, I was at the remote site with the RRC and K3/0 and experienced the same audio dropping on a 100 mb network! Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this? Thanks in advance - W0JM

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Audio Drops
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-28, 13:39:13 »
You should not have a single drop on LAN whatever setting you are using. If you have, you must have some bad Networks switch router, cable or something else. You can test by connecting the RRC direct to each other

73 de mike

W0JM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-04-03, 16:52:21 »
I still get audio drops with the RRCs directly connected. This doesn't occur frequently, which makes it difficult to troubleshoot. It will eventually reconnect. I swapped the NIC cable between the RRCs to make sure it wasn't a cabling issue. Besides the NIC cable, can you give me an idea which of the other RRC cables could be contributing to the drop issue?

W0JM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-04-04, 01:36:51 »
 After verifying the error from RRC to RRC I had a friend connect with his RRC. He got the RTP failure just like I did and it seem to take about a minute to reset and reconnect. The interesting thing is this happens like clockwork every 15 minutes. The 15 minute rule carries over even between connection sessions. I was seeing drop outs at :11, :26, :41, and :56. If I disconnect and wait to reconnect at :10 it will fail within two minutes. If I connect at :28 it won't fail until :41. I'm not sure if this indicates something in the network resetting on a fixed interval but it certainly isn't random.

When it does fail the status page of the local RemoteRig says "RTP/UDP audio status Stalled(18)". The number varies between failures. When the connection is good the status page says "RTP status Excellent(60)".

I used a Telnet client to connect to my local RemoteRig to monitor the connection and it shows the failures and reset as

rtp disable
duplex: New Audiocoding 103 (12 KHz)
CP-> Radio ON(Idle)
New UDP CmdTxPort=13002
rtp enable [162.254.66.19/13001 162.254.66.19/13001]
CP-> Sending 8V: 0 Mute spk: 0
CP-> audioQuality=3
mode14: master-init-start
ELECRAFT K3 [ID017;]
mode14: master-init-done

The Telnet connection let's us know if the failure is happening without having to sit and listen to the connection constantly. It's too bad it doesn't timestamp the messages.

Is there something in the radio RRC that could be responsible for this? I would be more than happy if you want to contact me off line at w0jm at ARRL.Net and I will be happy to give you SIP address and password for you to look further into this if you would like.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-04-04, 07:36:36 »
Have you activated the ping watchdog ? If it's activated and the IP is not set to a valid IP, reset will happen X seconds after every restart.

You can send login info as Persona mail so I can have a look

73 de mike

W0JM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-04-16, 19:24:19 »
Bingo! That did it! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk