Author Topic: Beta versions available  (Read 17275 times)

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Beta versions available
« on: 2016-05-11, 16:36:16 »
We have added support for profiles making it easy to use the app with more than one radio station. There are also license handling changes that should improve how the app handles an inaccessible license server. We would like beta testers to give them a try and give us feedback how it works.

Kenwood 1.5.1:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/se.microbit.kenwood

Icom 1.5.0:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/se.microbit.icom

Yaesu 1.5.0:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/se.microbit.yaesu

Elecraft 1.5.0:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/se.microbit.elecraft

Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

pd0swl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Beta versions available
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-25, 20:01:16 »
Icom 1.5. works perfectly here.

The only problem that still remains here: tuning accuracy.

The rotary wheel still looses track in steps/position.
It is very hard to exactly tune to a frequency.
Unpolitely described: it feels like a broken opto-encoder...

Most of the time I end up typing in the exact frequency in the freq. pane.

73!
Paul

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-26, 10:21:58 »
Thanks for your feedback.

How the rotary wheel "feels" seems to be very much dependent on the device used. It seems Android devices have a very broad range of response time for displays for example. Some of them are fast, while others are slow. Others have a variable response time. I assume you are using the wheel so that when you start rotating it you have the finger on the wheel and while rotating moving your finger in a bigger circle outside the wheel?

pd0swl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-27, 06:08:00 »
Correct, Jan.

On the IC7100 server side I use the "official" Icom CT17.
(don't know if this matters)

On all of my 4 androids the rotary remains very "jumpy"

Paul

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-05-30, 10:38:34 »
The 1.5.x versions will soon be available as release versions.

oz1rh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-06-08, 18:41:03 »
Nano Elecraft 1.5.0 does not work well for me. I have a RRC setup with K3/0-Mini to the K3 with original RemoteRig cables working with no problems. All RRC's have software version 2.90.

When I start Nano Elecraft 1.5.0  and connect I get the sound from the K3 within a few seconds. However none of the controls in the Nano app on the VFO page works and neither RX S-meter nor VFO frequencies are displayed. Sometimes after 4-5 minutes the controls starts to work. However after turning the VFO the VFO frequency is displayed as a difference like 2.90 or -0000.000.001 It is now possible to press and hold where the frequency should be displayed and then the box for entering a frequency is displayed. After entering a frequency it is displayed correct and turning the VFO in the app changes the A-frequency as expected. Pressing A/B and then press and hold where the frequency should be displayed let me enter a frequency in the B-VFO, which then is displayed in line B. Now the app is more or less usable, however RX S-meter still only shows -- and BW is grayed out and does not work. Mode button works but the selected Mode is not displayed. Band button works, but the indicated frequency is not changed in the app.

My phone is a HTC One M8 with Android 6.0. It have also installed Nano Icom 1.5.0, which works better when connecting to another site with an IC-7100. Perhaps the two apps interfere? I have had situations where after using the Icom and the Elecraft application one after another a few times none of them works and the only remedy is to shut the phone down (Power off/Restarting).

My problems seems similar to what is mentioned in www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=4683.0 however I do not get the message APP TRIAL PERIOD HAS EXPIRED and the licence indicator on 'the connect screen' is green Lic.ID b972 as it should be.

73, Palle, OZ1RH.
palle@oz1rh.com
« Last Edit: 2016-06-09, 12:39:41 by oz1rh »

EA5WA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-12-09, 10:13:18 »
Hi Jan:
I've just started to test Kenwoid app and is quite nice, but using the dial button is dificult. I also see that the tuner button is not working, I press on Tune and nothing works. Antenna selection works fine but Tune doesn't work.

Thanks 73's from EA5WA Juan Carlos
73's from EA5WA Juan Carlos