Author Topic: RRC-Micro 1.10 beta, 1274B 2 beta and RRC-1258 2.91 beta (CW support)  (Read 58532 times)

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello to the group.

I am trying to load a copy of the 2.91 beta software for the RRC-1258. Unfortunately the link to the software contained in this thread does not seem to work.

RRC-1258 version 2.91 from here: www.remoterig.com/firmwares/RRC1258-CRC-v2.91_2016-05-12-BETA.zip

Where can I download a copy of the software?

Thank you in advance.

Serge
VA3SB

KB8CR

• IC-7100 and IC-706 on RRC's
    • View Profile
    • Email

KB8CR

• IC-7100 and IC-706 on RRC's
    • View Profile
    • Email
Oh, you meant for the RRC 1278.......use THIS one:  RRC-1258-CRC_v2.91_2016-06-16.zip

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
Thank you very much for your prompt response Charlie.
Unfortunately, I cannot get the link you sent me to work either. I have it as: http://www.remoterig.com/firmwares/RRC-1258-CRC_v2.91_2016-06-16.zip

Would you mind confirming the above link for me.  Thank you in advance.

Have a great day.

Regards

Serge
VA3SB

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
it's included in the relase version now

http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=79

/mike

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
Thank you very much Mike!
Going to upgrade now.
Have a great day.

Regards

Serge

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Mike/Group. I trust all is well.

Upgraded my firmware back to 2.91. RRC Micro works fine and I am able to connect to my remote site without any issues.
I am having an issue with using the paddle however. When I transmit using the function keys under the CW tab all works fine. However, when I try to use my paddles there is no cw at all. I have tried a couple of different cables and two sets of paddles without success. Any idea what could cause this behaviour?

I am using a TS-480 transceiver at the remote end. I use RRC Micro in conjunction with the Kenwood TS-480 control software. The other issue I am having, is getting the RRC Micro to communicate with my logging software (either DXLab or N1MM+) so that I can used the function keys for CW as well as the digital modes. I am able to connect to the software to control the radio but cannot figure out how to use the CW function keys.

It would be great if I could get this all working before a two week business trip to Europe early next week. :-)

Thanks to all in advance.

73's

Serge
VA3SB

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Do you the 1274B dongle and have you upgraded the firmware in it as described.

There is no way a logprogram can communicate with RRC Micro. The log program only communicates with the radio through RRC-Micro

73 de mike

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
Thank you for your prompt response Mike.
Yes, I do have the 1274B dongle and have upgraded the software to version RRC-Micro 1.10.1 Beta.

So to be clear, there is no way to have the logging software send exchanges from macros via the RRC-Micro? I have no issues controlling the radio from the logging software so that part works great. Is my understanding correct regarding transmitting macros?

Thank you again for your response and all of your work on these fine products.

Serge
VA3SB

VO1HP

• View Profile
    • VO1HP
    • Email

I have rec'd 1274B Dongle and i appear to have it working. The Micro will log on to the remote K3 and i can hear audio.  Also the paddle works and i can key the rig.

I want to setup using TRX or HRD...is there a tutorial to show settings etc.  Hve tried TRX so far but not getting anywhere stumbling around.

QUESTION: on the settings page of the MICRO what is needed to be filled in in the COM 0 COM 1 COM2 lines...currently all are inactive?
I can't find anywhere an setup page for the MICRO to know if I am doing it right.   I attached a picture of the ABOUT page showing all version numbers

Frank VO1HP
Frank
VO1HP
K3Mini-K3-RemoteRig