Author Topic: RRC Micro Audio selection issue  (Read 7620 times)

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
RRC Micro Audio selection issue
« on: 2016-06-02, 20:37:08 »
Hello to the group.

I just purchased a 1274B and using it in conjunction with a Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 computer. The Radio RRC 1258 has software version 2.87 installed (wanted to get this working before making the upgrade to the latest version). I am using a Kenwood TS-480 Transceiver at the remote location.

I first installed the Micro Software version 1.92. When I attach the dongle to the computer, I do not see the 1274B audio card when I go to Device Manager. I do not see any choices for the MIC and for Speaker I see two entries Communications Headphones (IDT H and Speakers / HP IDT High Definition. I have also tried to restart the computer with no change.

Will try to uninstall RRC Micro and re-install the software after rebooting the computer.

Thank you in advance.

Serge
VA3SB

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: RRC Micro Audio selection issue
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-02, 20:39:24 »
Serge,

The new RRC Micro does not have a sound card inside. Instead, it supports an external key. Just use any
other microphone and speaker that you have installed in Windows.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-06-02, 20:53:50 »
Hi Mitch. Thank you for the prompt response.
When I click the MIC selection arrow I do not see anything at all that I can select.
Under the speaker I have Communications Headphones (IDT H and the little speaker icon is lit up green.

Serge

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-06-02, 21:18:31 »
Hi Serge,

What microphones do you have installed under Windows? Do you see them under the settings?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-06-02, 21:28:57 »
Hi Mitch. Here is a screen shot of my Microphones (recording) choices.

BTW I assume that the Headset mic gets connected to the PTT connector on the 1274B? Not sure what gets connected to the AUX connector though.

Thanks again.

Serge

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-06-02, 21:33:23 »
Hi again Mitch. Realized that I should have plugged the mic into the computer and not the 1274B . DUH!

Hopefully I will now be able to get it to work. Would like to get it going before travelling to Europe for a two week business trip.

Thanks.

Serge

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-06-02, 21:58:48 »
Right, Serge, audio no longer uses the RRC Micro, just Windows devices.

I leave for Germany on the 13th through the end of the month, maybe I will see you
in Friedrichshafen.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-06-02, 22:11:46 »
Hello again. I may be in Geneva during Friedrichshafen. So I may just make my way there!  That would be fun!
In the meantime another small snag. :-) I am now able to connect to the remote site. Howerver, now my issue is attempting to use the TS-480 Control Software. I cannot seem to turn on the unit to connect to the radio.  I am sure that this has to do with the CAT connection from the Transceiver to the RRC 1258 Radio unit.

I have the RRC Radio unit connected to the TS-480 body via a RS232 cable from COM 2 of the RRC to the CAT input of the TS-480.
I believe that I have set up the baud rates correctly but still cannot turn the unit on via the power switch using the TS-480 software.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to get it going! :-)

Serge
VA3SB

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-06-02, 22:19:21 »
You need to first connect using the RRC Micro. That turns the TS-480 on, only then can you connect
the software for control

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-06-02, 22:35:56 »
Hi Mitch.

I've attached another screen shot. I do connect using RRC Micro. As can be seen from the attached, the unit appears to be connected to the radio and I assume that the radio is on. However, using my browser and connecting to the Radio Unit I see that I have an issue (see attached screen shot of RRC Radio unit).

I must be missing something obviously!

Thanks.

Serge

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-06-02, 22:39:44 »
Serge,

It is not possible to say from your screen shots. The status is showing a SIP error, this obviously needs to be gone
before attempting a connect using the software. Usually waiting a minute allows it to stabilize first.

I can't see your settings in either the PC Client or the Kenwood software. Note that you must use COM2 for the
connection in the PC Client and of course all baud rates must match.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-06-02, 22:47:19 »
Thanks again Mitch.

I will go back and have another careful look to be sure that all baud rates match up.

Have a great evening.

Serge

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-06-03, 02:14:52 »
I managed to get RRC Micro and my TS-480 Working on receive.
I tried to send some CW while monitoring my remote signal on another transceiver and cannot figure out what is going on.
I have a Macro with my call "VA3SB" in it. When I hit the macro button, all i hear on the receiver is VAB. Must be a setting that is not set up correctly. Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this behaviour on CW?

Also, a related question, when I am transmitting CW I cannot hear any sidetone?  Please note that I have not upgraded to the latest RCC 1258 1.9.2 software yet.

Thanks in advance.

Serge
VA3SB