RRC-Micro PC Client in English > General discussion

RRC Micro Connection issue

(1/2) > >>

Serge_VA3SB:
Hello to the group.
I am having some difficulty with using my RRC Micro system while travelling in Europe.
I am presently using the following software:
RRC MIcro Version 1.10.1
RRC 1258 Version 2.91 Beta (cw support)
1274B Version 2016-05-03-v2
ARCP - 480 Kenwood Software

Just before I left home, I was able to connect successfully to the remote radio and operate with no problem at all.

Upon arriving in Europe, I have been unable to obtain any audio out of the radio. Further after a minute or so the RRC Micro software timesout. I do not see the green in the latency bar nor the audio level in the headset bar on the audio screen. I am attaching a screenshot of both RRC Micro and ARCP 480 Kenwood software.

I also activated the debug operation and have a file that I can send to you for further analysis. The internet service at both my remote site and hotel (Download 5 mbps/Upload 2 mbps) seems to be working fine.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Serge
VA3SB

dj0qn:
Serge,

Sometimes you need to reconnect several times to get a stable connection. It depends a lot on the network where you are at the time. The speed has nothing to do with it, I have had the same problem with 100 Mb networks.

That won't solve your problem, but at least you know it is "normal".

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Serge_VA3SB:
Thank you for your response Mitch.
It also seems like I have a UDP cmd error when I check the status of the Radio RRC.

Will keep trying but have been for almost two days without success.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Serge

Serge_VA3SB:
Hi Mitch/everyone.

Well, I tried for the good part of this evening to get RRC Micro to work without success. I do not get any audio coming through. Even though sometimes I am able to connect to the radio and turn it on, I do not hear any audio. When I connect via the web to the Radio RRC I see that I have the UDP cmd error issue (see attached screen shot) and then about a minute later the RRC Micro times out.

I do know that the service at the remote site is working as I can connect to the Radio control unit.

Not quite sure what to try next.

Thank you in advance.

Serge
VA3SB

dj0qn:
Serge,

When it gets a good connect and you don't hear any audio, move the slider back and forth a couple of times. There
is a bug that has existed since the first RRC PC Client shipped that does not send audio until you do this.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version