Author Topic: RRC Micro Connection issue  (Read 7806 times)

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
RRC Micro Connection issue
« on: 2016-06-15, 09:55:02 »
Hello to the group.
I am having some difficulty with using my RRC Micro system while travelling in Europe.
I am presently using the following software:
RRC MIcro Version 1.10.1
RRC 1258 Version 2.91 Beta (cw support)
1274B Version 2016-05-03-v2
ARCP - 480 Kenwood Software

Just before I left home, I was able to connect successfully to the remote radio and operate with no problem at all.

Upon arriving in Europe, I have been unable to obtain any audio out of the radio. Further after a minute or so the RRC Micro software timesout. I do not see the green in the latency bar nor the audio level in the headset bar on the audio screen. I am attaching a screenshot of both RRC Micro and ARCP 480 Kenwood software.

I also activated the debug operation and have a file that I can send to you for further analysis. The internet service at both my remote site and hotel (Download 5 mbps/Upload 2 mbps) seems to be working fine.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Serge
VA3SB

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: RRC Micro Connection issue
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-15, 18:45:17 »
Serge,

Sometimes you need to reconnect several times to get a stable connection. It depends a lot on the network where you are at the time. The speed has nothing to do with it, I have had the same problem with 100 Mb networks.

That won't solve your problem, but at least you know it is "normal".

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-06-15, 19:26:32 »
Thank you for your response Mitch.
It also seems like I have a UDP cmd error when I check the status of the Radio RRC.

Will keep trying but have been for almost two days without success.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Serge

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-06-15, 23:13:37 »
Hi Mitch/everyone.

Well, I tried for the good part of this evening to get RRC Micro to work without success. I do not get any audio coming through. Even though sometimes I am able to connect to the radio and turn it on, I do not hear any audio. When I connect via the web to the Radio RRC I see that I have the UDP cmd error issue (see attached screen shot) and then about a minute later the RRC Micro times out.

I do know that the service at the remote site is working as I can connect to the Radio control unit.

Not quite sure what to try next.

Thank you in advance.

Serge
VA3SB

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-06-16, 07:24:25 »
Serge,

When it gets a good connect and you don't hear any audio, move the slider back and forth a couple of times. There
is a bug that has existed since the first RRC PC Client shipped that does not send audio until you do this.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-06-16, 08:46:47 »
Good morning Mitch. Thank you for the suggestion.   I will try that later on this morning.

Have a great day.

Regards

Serge

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-06-16, 11:54:45 »
Hi Mitch. First of all I greatly appreciate all of your efforts in attempting to help me resolve this issue.

I am now using a different wireless network which has substantially more capacity and speed capability as I wanted to discount connectivity as a possible issue. 

I connected to the remote radio site using RRC Micro, and then to the TS-480. Although I did not see any indication of audio packets being received by way of the green indicator in the status bar. I attempted to use the slider on the ARCP-480 software to adjust the AF audio without success.  I noted that at the radio site, I did not get the UDP cmd status error. Nevertheless, the RRC Micro timed out and I lost the radio connection and the ARCP software disconnected as well.

The next few times I attempted to connect I was able to connect to the Radio RRC but when I attempt to connect the ARCP-480 software, I get an error indicating that there is an unknown device connected to COM2 or the Baud rate does not match between the software and the transceiver. I believe that I have the COM ports and baud rates set up correctly. I have attached a screen shot of the error for your reference.

Very frustrating but I will keep at it! :-) It must be a setting that is not quite right!

Again thank you for your time and effort.

Serge
VA3SB

ik5men

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-05-24, 23:16:43 »
Hi Mitch/everyone.

I have succesfully used my RRCmicro with the 1274B dongle last year. Last weekend I tried to use it again, but I found I have the
same problem reported by Serge_VA3SB: no audio, RTP/UDP audio status Error(0) and UDP cmd status Error(0) and timeout disconnect
after little time from connection. RRC firmware is 2.90 on both sides.
The problem is the same on two different PC running w10 (32 and 64 bit version) located in two different place.
No problem if I use the front pannel of my TS480HX, it works perfecty and I see no error on the status page of the remote.
But only when I start the RRCmicro this i what I see in the attached picture.
The only new equipment is a new router at new remote site; radio, RRCs and computers are the same as last year when all worked fine.
Any suggestion on what is wrong ?
Please help me.
Many thanks

73, Riccardo - IK5MEN

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2017-05-25, 19:32:18 »
Riccardo,

Are you saying that your TS-480 control panel works fine, but not the Micro?

If so, normally I would say that the problem is in the new router, but that would not be the case if
the control panel is still working. You need to make sure that the port forwards are OK and that SIP
ALG is turned off in the router, but it seems that that is fine.

This really doesn't make sense to me that one works and the other doesn't. I am not sure what the
problem could be. Maybe turn the PC's firewall off and test it again. Maybe a Windows update did
something.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

ik5men

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2017-05-26, 21:41:59 »
Hi Mitch/everyone,

finally today I fixed the problem and all is working fine again now. I changed the new router which was really a crap with a Netgear DGN3700. That BAD router is provided by my ISP and it allows few adjustments only and not the SIP-ALG. Despite port forwarding was correct, it blocked something.
So, thanks for your help.

73, Riccardo – IK5MEN