Author Topic: Up/Down Buttons and Monitor function not working on TS480 control head  (Read 5101 times)

n6cr

• View Profile
    • Email
Any help appreciated! Everything else is working perfectly.  The up/down buttons on the mic don't have any functionality, and with the transmit monitor level turned up all the way to 9, transmit audio can not be heard either through the TS480 control head speaker or speaker jack.
Thanks very much for any ideas.
73, Rick N6CR

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
No the up/dwn buttons do not work, that's normal.

The speaker is always muted when transmitting, beacause IP-communication always introduce latency ( more or less), and it's very disturbing to hear delayed monitor audio when transmitting.

73 de mike

n6cr

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks Mike for the reply.  I guess I am now curious as to why the mic buttons don't work.  To the uninformed, it seems that this is just another function like any other on the radio.

Also, can the muted transmit audio be unmuted?  Again, I understand the small latency problem, but in order to adjust the audio parameters from the control site, delayed audio is much, much better than no audio.  Of course this is only for adjustment and testing purposes as the monitor function can easily be turned off from the control head of the 480.

Thank you for your help,
73, Rick N6CR

W6CZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks Mike for the reply. ...

Also, can the muted transmit audio be unmuted?  Again, I understand the small latency problem, but in order to adjust the audio parameters from the control site, delayed audio is much, much better than no audio.  Of course this is only for adjustment and testing purposes as the monitor function can easily be turned off from the control head of the 480.

Thank you for your help,
73, Rick N6CR

Monitor is also needed if you are using any kind of a digital voice keyer on SSB. I would also like to hear the cw sidetone of the radio. I do both now with Skype and that is not a problem. Like rick says - if it is - I turn it off.

Don
W6CZ/NM6G