RRC 1258 Support på Svenska > Konfiguration av Routrar och Brandväggar

Huawei E5186-86A6 router

(1/2) > >>

OV6A:
Does anybody know how to set up this router together with the RRC-1258 Radio? Up till now I have been unsuccesful about having it working. I want the connect the RRC 1258 radio to the 4G mobile broadband.

Vy 73 de OV6A Jorgen

dj0qn:
I am not sure what specific problem you are having, since your provided no details. However, 4G networks
do not provide the user a true external IP address, using internal IP addresses. This means that you will never
be able to reach your radio from the internet when it is hosted on a 4G network.

The only solutions would be:
- Ask your network provider to provide you a true external IPv4 address, which probably costs extra (maybe a lot extra)
- Setup a VPN

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

La1zm:
Hi!
I have been using 4G on remote site with Huawei e5186 from Telia (Netcom) for half a year now with no problem.( Changed Apn to vpn.netcom.no and port forwarding under settings/security/virtuel server)

73 de Alf, la1zm

dj0qn:
You are very lucky. Very few providers in a handful of countries give true IPv4 external addresses.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

SM5DXU:
Seems like those providers don't deserve hams as customers. Would it be advisable to make the information known to fellow ham radio operators?

Gus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version