Author Topic: Strange issue- remote connection better than local lan connection  (Read 4591 times)

iz0tws

• View Profile
Hi,
I'm using remoterig with an icom ic7100 since one year without any problem.
I had my control unit in a house within adsl connection to the radio site.
No problem at all. Really good performance considering that the adsl bandwith in the remote house is near to 100kbs (really bad).

Since couple of days I moved in the remote home and I attached remoterig directly to the lan house: but with my big surprise I start observing a lot of problem.
If I press PTT mic button the TX remain switched for several seconds after I release the mic. If I talk I have no feedback on the local meter. Sometimes the control shutdown.
I checked all connection twice. I fabric reset the control and the radio remoterig and the radio too. But the issue still remain.
I'm skilled in networking so I can assure that it is not due to network configuration... at least if the high speed is a problem for remoterig (the ping time is quite close to 1ms).
I'm really confused....

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
There is no problem to have them on same LAN, you can even connect a Ethernetcable direct between the units. But you can not use ddns hostname on LAN , you need to change SIP contact to IP-number

73 de mike

iz0tws

• View Profile
There is no problem to have them on same LAN, you can even connect a Ethernetcable direct between the units. But you can not use ddns hostname on LAN , you need to change SIP contact to IP-number

73 de mike

Yes, it was the first thing i did it.
But the issues I indicated are not related to it.

iz0tws

• View Profile
Ok. I found that tge problem is related to rf saturating in such a way the remoterig. If i trasmit 100w the remoterig also go Crazy and in worst case also switch off. If i reduce the power of 20% i have no issue at all.