Author Topic: Radio auto connect?  (Read 4038 times)

M1EMB

• View Profile
    • Email
Radio auto connect?
« on: 2016-09-09, 01:58:08 »
Hello

Need a little help please, I leave my radios on in the shack so I can listen as I am about the house and unfortunately the internet connection in my UK shack is a little flaky so I often find the radio head unit has shut off and I have to manually turn the power back onto the radio, is there a setting that if it senses a break in connection it will automatically reconnect again rather than just turning off?   Hope someone can help

Thank you

Stuart

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Radio auto connect?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-09-09, 02:09:25 »
Stuart,

You didn't say what kind of radio you are using.

There is a setting under the radio RRC's "radio settings" called "auto connect". Set that to YES and see
if it works for your type of radio. If it doesn't, the answer to your question is no.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-09-09, 07:58:51 »
The "auto connec"t doesn't help in most cases as the frontpanel need to be switch on and off to restart. The "Auto connect" feature is used in commercial setups whre you replace a copper wire with the Remoterigs. We have chosen to keep sending keep alives messages for 60 s after a connection is lost, if the connection comes up during that time everything is OK, but if it's still no connection within 60 s we disconnect.

73 de mike

M1EMB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-09-09, 12:54:00 »
Thank you very much for the replies.  Mike is there nothing at all I can do to get around this issue?  I am using  Kenwood V71 if that helps.

Thanks again

Stuart

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-09-09, 13:32:35 »
Maybe you should talk to your ISP. Interruptions which last longer that 60 sec should not be common. Can it be a DSL modem which reboot or something like that

73 de mike

M1EMB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-12-26, 14:05:55 »
Hi Guys

I know it's been a few months since I posted this message but wonder if anyone has any further ideas on my situation.  I am visiting my remote station and it still looses its connection every now and again and I have to turn it back on when  I discover it.   Anyone have any other ideas how I can hold or restart the connection if it looses it?

Thank you

Stuart