Author Topic: TS-2000  (Read 7425 times)

sv5byr

• View Profile
    • Email
TS-2000
« on: 2009-03-29, 10:20:19 »
Hello to all,
I just receive my RRC-1258 pair for General Kenwood use.
Great construction and easy assembled. I make all configurations, and I see that the boxes talk to each other (leds bliking)
The problem is that no any luck to "see" the TS-2000 at radio side box.
The system is cpnigured to work at my lan before to take at remote site.
I suspect that maybe is my router configuration and I nedd your help. My router is a FritzBox Fon.
Also adetailed howto configuration for DynDNS will be helpfull for all us.

TNX in advance SV5BYR
Mike

SM2Z

• View Profile
    • SM2Z
    • Email
Re: TS-2000
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-29, 11:50:58 »
OK, did the system work before (with the two RRC:s connected to a hub or switch) before moving the radio end to the remote location?

You need to assign a static ip-address to the remote RRC and you need to configure your router to pass all traffic to that ip-address (this is called DMZ server in some routers). If you have other services at the remote site (web server or IP-phone) you cannnot use DMZ settings. You must configure all of your ports and point them to the IP address of the RRC. Ports are found under Advanced settings in the RRC and should be the same at both ends.

DynDNS is a service you can get by visiting www.dyndns.org and create a free account to use. When you have done that you need to input the username and password into the routers Dynamic DNS settings. If this is successful you can PING your remote router by the dyndns IP name.

I know that Mike (SM2O) is expecting a TS-2000 for further testing with the remote panel but I don't think he has received it yet.

Andy

sv5byr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2009-04-02, 00:09:30 »
All OK folks,
system is working just fine 2 days now thanks to advices of Mikael. The problem was the jumber between pin 7 - 8 of COM port from radio to interface. Wiring was a snap and now Im playing with the audio codecs.
The registration for DYNDNS is OK but I nedd a detailed configuration step by step.

73s to all and thanks for replies

SV5BYR
Mike

LB9GE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-04-29, 01:10:52 »
Hello all.

Any progress testing the TS-2000 and the RC-2000 panel ?
I have the RRC..-480, but see the need for VUHF also.

TNX
Trond

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2009-05-06, 20:39:27 »
Hej

Jag har inte fått låna någon TS-2000 ännu så att jag kunnat testa
/de micke