RRC 1258 Support in English > Hardware, Cabling, Installations

Radio RRC: No Power

(1/2) > >>

VE3FU:
I switched power supplies at the Remote site and no longer have power on the Remote RRC.  I've confirmed that there is +12VDC on the connector (positive center), and have even tried with the +12VDC walwart supplied with the Control RRC.  Is there a resetable (or field replaceable) fuse inside the Remote RRC?  I'm currently at the Radio RRC site, leaving on Thursday (September 15) and would like to have this fixed before I leave.  I'm really hoping that I don't have to send this back for repair / replacement :=(

Chris VE3FU

sm2o:
There is a polyfuse which restes it self so that is probably not the problem. If you have got over voltage the protection diode or the EMI filter is damaged. In worst case the DC/DC switch is damaged and then it's nothing that can be done.

73 de mike

VE3FU:
Thanks for the quick reply Mike.

Unfortunately that's what I thought.  I measure +12V on the plug, but when I insert it into the Radio RRC and measure the voltage inside the Radio RRC at the connector it shows 0V.

Do you think it's repairable, or would it be easier to simply purchase another Radio RRC?

Since it's already dead, I might as well try and see if I can repair it myself.  You mentioned that it could be the protection diode.  Can you point me to where the protection diode is on the board?

Chris

sm2o:
Hi see attached picture

/mike

VE3FU:
Thanks Mike!!

I'll bring the Radio RRC back with me and use the picture to see if I can figure out which part I broke :=)

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version