Author Topic: how many ways can I connect up an IC-7100  (Read 3169 times)

VK5PJ

• View Profile
how many ways can I connect up an IC-7100
« on: 2016-09-16, 08:46:15 »
Hi,
  have just started out with remote rig using an IC-706 MK11G and have already found my first limitation with the 706 as I want to be able to run it as remote-head, nano and the phone APP, which the 706 seems to not be able to do.

So from what I have read the IC-7100 can be powered on from remote, so I can leave the remote head at work and not bring it home each night, as well as being able to use the phone app while traveling, then use the NANO device on my house PC to the remote station.  Of course not all of these at once ;)

Am I on the right track with these assumptions? which would then make the 7100 an ideal candidate for the this role.  I have read that others are having issues with the 7100 so that makes it all the more confusing.

regards,
Peter, VK5PJ.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: how many ways can I connect up an IC-7100
« Reply #1 on: 2016-09-16, 08:54:16 »
Yes both the IC-7100 and TS-480 is more flexible than the iC-706 as they both work without the control panel connected. Both supports your ideas about the control.

73 de mike

VK5PJ

• View Profile
Re: how many ways can I connect up an IC-7100
« Reply #2 on: 2016-09-21, 05:57:51 »
Thanks Mike,
  I think I had some of my naming wrong,  LOL,  have the Micro client device (not used that yet) and the Nano app on my Android phone which I used at a recent radio club meeting to show what could be done.  Other members had multiple PC's and SKYPE sessions running to do what I could do from my phone, so they were very interested.

Looks like an IC-7100 is the next natural step in my remote station's evolution, time to put the 706 back into my car and enjoy it there.
Regard, Peter, vk5pj