Author Topic: Remote end becomes inaccessable  (Read 9794 times)

kc6wrd

• View Profile
    • Email
Remote end becomes inaccessable
« on: 2016-09-25, 18:47:33 »
Has anyone experienced the remote end of RRC-1258 MkII becoming inaccessible via Web browser or SSH?  I have both units on the same IP 192.168.1.xxx segment. They work fine for about a month or so and then, with out apparent cause they disconnect. Then I can no longer access the remote end by Web or SSH but, I can always access the local unit.

To regain access I have to go to the remote site and reboot the RRC-1285. I then change only the command port value and its good to go for another month.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

sm2sum

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Remote end becomes inaccessable
« Reply #1 on: 2016-09-25, 21:33:00 »
Happens for me also and I know one more with the same issue.
Setup manager finds the RRC but can not browse so  a reboot is the only way.
Still all works 100 %.....
K3 twin
Mobile internet
Dovado router

VE6WZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-09-26, 01:42:39 »
Happens frequently here. I lose web access to the rcc unit via WAN and even on the LAN.
Fortunately I have remote access via teamviewer and have set up a USB controlled relay unit to reboot the RCC unit.

steve ve6wz

AE5OQ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-09-26, 18:46:08 »
It happens to me as well. I have the remote end running with battery backup so even power interruptions don't do the reset for me. I have been looking into ip power switches to help with the problem.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-09-26, 19:10:58 »
have you tested the ping watchdog, if you set it up it should reset it self if it the connection is lost ?

/mike

VE6WZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-09-26, 19:23:36 »
Mike...
I have NOT set the ping watchdog, but will that be a solution if I am losing connection on the LAN (.170)??
(I do have watchdog set on my webswitch)
This is happening to me daily. It seems like even after about 5 or 6 hours, I cannot connect to the radio RCC webpage....either on WAN or LAN. After reboot all ok.
Like the others have said, I can still connect and control the radio all ok, I just cannot access the RCC to make changes. (I like to often change Dual RX on/off)
I have tried changing the port from 80 to 8088, but still happening.
Never a problem with the control RCC access on .169.

STeve

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-09-26, 19:29:24 »
No then it will not help, it will only help if the connection is totally lost.

/mike

sm2sum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-09-26, 21:45:34 »
I am using ping watchdog but it does not help.....
K3 twin
Mobile internet
Dovado router

sm2sum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-09-27, 08:22:31 »
System message after reboot :
Saved error message:
Data Abort at 0x000541b0, called by 0x0000a9c4

K3 twin
Mobile internet
Dovado router

VE6WZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-09-29, 16:57:38 »
Any one found a solution, or cause for this?
It is becoming very frustrating. I require a RCC re-boot everyday in order to gain access to the radio RCC. Usually stable for 4-5 hours.

Maybe others are not noticing this because once they have the radio settings ok, there is usually no need to access the RCC....I often change the RX to Dual, and have been playing with Codecs so I am using the web interface daily.

de steve ve6wz.

I2KBD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-10-02, 11:44:41 »
It happens here several times per day. Radio still works, but WEB access to the Radio RRC is impossible. I have the ping reset option enabled, but it doesn't help. I added a programmable timer AC outlet that reset the unit every night, but operation is quite difficult during the day.

Alberto I2KBD

VE6WZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Remote end becomes inaccessable (FIX)
« Reply #11 on: 2016-10-18, 16:07:25 »
This problem has been resolved here.

***Make sure you have DMZ disabled***

I spoke directly with Mike and he indicated that this problem appears to be random, not common and not hardware related.
He indicated that I should try and disable port forwarding to the RCC web port because perhaps there is "junk" trying to access the RCC unit from the the internet...maybe via bots etc.

-I disabled port forwarding on my router for the Web access, but continued to have the same problem.
-I then realized I had activated DMZ for the the RCC device (ip .170). Perhaps opening up the RCC unit to web access was allowing "junk" to mess-up the unit?
-I disabled DMZ in the router (You don't need it activated when you are port forwarding the correct ports) and now the RCC remote unit had been stable for the last 5 days with solid access.

good luck....I hope this helps others with this issue.

de steve ve6wz.

SO3Z

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-11-28, 13:19:15 »
The same problem appears without DMZ, and without port forwarding on router.
Something is bad with packets and IP handling. We need here some watchdog which will turn off both sides if we lost connection - radio body and panel.

If we loose too many packets between both RemoteRigs (when radio body and radiohead is turn on) and radiohead goes offline, and radio body stays online.
I checked it many times with my PC connected to radiobody IF via SDR RTL.

la3yna

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2016-12-23, 17:52:30 »
I have some similar problems.   I have a Raspberry PI at my Radio QTH and now I cannot ping the RRC or I cannot browse via web GUI

If I try to access web GUI from my home computer (port forwarded on remote qth), i can access RRC via browser, but it will NOT take my password..

SO3Z

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: 2017-04-04, 10:03:58 »
Any changes ? News ? Plans  about that issue ?

It is realy annoying that radio body of IC7100 stays power on after connection lost between RRs.
Other side with radio panel can't reconnect again or power off or power on the radio.

Even big ADSL / FTTH / LTE  Internet Service Providers (as Orange for example)  reconnect PPP sessions every 24 hours.

Only hard manual reset with PSU on/off solved that.
I tested it with  two ic7100.