Author Topic: PC CW using DM780 and DTR serial signal  (Read 5061 times)

VK3OE

• View Profile
    • Email
PC CW using DM780 and DTR serial signal
« on: 2010-12-07, 01:14:32 »
I have an Icom 7000 remoted via a Telstra 3G connection... all works fine. I am trying to use CW from my PC using the DTR signal. I have tried all possible configurations but I cannot get the CW to work from the PC. The paddle CW works fine.

In the light of all my experiments, I do not understand what "To activate keying the PC could use the DTR signal in the
virtual USB COM-port delivered by the RRC USB device." means (handbook P53, USB- Control-RCC:)??? Further I do not understand what "USB DTR as CW" in the IO settings of the control means.

As I am using icon CIV (COM2 mode - logicall parallel with COM 0)I assumed that the DTR signal on the rear comm port would be used but this does not appear to be the case.

Where is the DTR connection for CW on the control RCC????

Andrew
VK3OE

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: PC CW using DM780 and DTR serial signal
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-07, 18:47:01 »
CW keying from a PC can be done via the I/O connector pin IN0 using a interface shown in the manual or via the virtual comport. When you installed the Microbit setup manager, a virtual comport called "Microbit RRC Virtual Comport" was also installed. If you connect the USB cable to the RRC and check the Windows device manager under "Ports (COM&LPT)" you will find it. If you activate USB DTR as CW you can "connect" your CW software to the Virtual comport and use the Virtual DTR as CW keying input.

I use the I/O connector on the back of the RRC with the simple interface connected to a RS 232 port at my PC.

73 de mike

VK3OE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-12-08, 01:35:41 »
Works a treat, thanks Mike. :) :)

All capabilities now being used, a lot of fun!!!!!

Andrew
VK3OE

ea3in

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2010-12-08, 09:29:03 »
I have v1 RRC

After the manual, I understand that I need to put an optocoupler in order to key the RRC from my PC through the i/O connector. Is it true?

73s de marcel