Author Topic: Need help configuring Apple Airport Extreme with RRC 1258  (Read 4041 times)

KB0BK

• View Profile
    • Email
I seem to have the same issue as others have posted.  Not knowing much about networks is a problem.  I am trying to setup RRC 1258s using an Apple Airport Extreme router on the RADIO side and would like to connect the CONTROL side wirelessly to a MiFi Jetpack.  The rig is a TS-480HX.  Both RRC units have WIFI modules installed.  All works fine locally (LAN) through the Airport Extreme with units using ethernet or wifi.  My problem is that I have no clue how to setup the Airport Extreme to achieve true remote base operation over the internet.  I do have a static IP address at the RADIO location.  Setting up the control side to work with the MiFi is another issue.  I would really appreciate any help in getting something setup.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Need help configuring Apple Airport Extreme with RRC 1258
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-29, 15:59:56 »
You just have to go into the Airport router and set the port forwards. It will only take a few minutes.

Drop me a short email at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send you my networking checklist that walks you
through the process.

As far as you described, you probably only need to set the port forwards and change the SIP contact to the
external IP number. For help, use the manual or refer to https://portforward.com/

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX