Author Topic: Troubleshoot missing Mic audio  (Read 2985 times)

wm1ke

• Not all who wander are lost...
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Exit Off The Information Super Highway
    • Email
Troubleshoot missing Mic audio
« on: 2016-12-06, 22:57:32 »
I have a recently purchased  1258 set.
I am handicapped and live in a apartment.  The remote is about an hour away and impossible for me to get to without lots of kindness by oyhers.

While assembling the remote station in my spsrtment, all tests went well. I had local QSOs and finally signed off on moving and install.

The problem now is that the sudio no longer makes it from the mic to the modulator. The rig still transmits but there is no modulation on sny mode or band.

Is there any way to test either of the boxes? Can I have my computer send a tone to the remote rig? Can the desktop box open a port on my computer for "Testing 1,2,3..."? This way I will knoe where to begin.
WM1KE
Mike - WM1KE
RRC-1258 MkII
IC-7000 w/ BKT-7000 (CAT)
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Troubleshoot missing Mic audio
« Reply #1 on: 2016-12-06, 23:06:07 »
Audio is done in hardware inside of the RRC, using the red straps. If you didn't push the straps all
the way in the socket carefully, then they can easily get loose when you move the RRC. I would first
open up the RRC's and make sure that these are properly in place.´

If you are using a TS-480 or K3, I could test your system from here to see if audio is working ok. First
step would however to do the above, although it would be more likely that the problem is at the radio
RRC that was physically moved.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

wm1ke

• Not all who wander are lost...
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Exit Off The Information Super Highway
    • Email
Re: Troubleshoot missing Mic audio
« Reply #2 on: 2016-12-13, 04:18:36 »
Thanks, Mitch.

I was hoping that there was some way that I could open up some SIP connections on the computer and see if the mike audio could be resolved by the computer and, if so, switch things around and see if the computer could send audio cown a SIP pipe to the rig )an IC-7000).

Anyway, it was something at the rig. It fixed itself after a couple of days.

Thanks
Mike
WM1KE
Mike - WM1KE
RRC-1258 MkII
IC-7000 w/ BKT-7000 (CAT)
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS