Author Topic: Debugging my PC Clinet  (Read 4077 times)

Mike/K3MMB

• View Profile
    • Email
Debugging my PC Clinet
« on: 2010-12-11, 23:14:03 »
Computers are harder than radios!

Thanks to Roland, I have a client that installs, but I can not get it to work properly.

When i am on the local LAN, the client will connect to the MK2 and 706. I get a really nice green bar indicating audio stream present.

I get no sound.

attached is my device manager page, the sound card properties page and a debug session.

I have not even tried the HRD piece to control the radio.

I have the 706 connected to the MK2 via a normal cat 5 cable.

If I use the PPT, the radio goes into xmit, but will not return to receive.

If I try to connect the system via my dnydns it never connects. When I use the two MK2 device, every thing works great.

I cannot firgure out what I am doing wrong. any help would be greatly appreciate.

Happy Holidays
Mike

roland

Re: Debugging my PC Clinet
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-13, 14:31:45 »
Hi Mike.

I'm a bit worried about your PC condition.

The two images are not recognized as valid images (they are corrupt).
The log file starts with a list of 1000 links to various Christmas sites.

Under those conditions its hard to say whats happening.
Your log (after the 1000 links) shows that all seems to be normal execpt
that the incoming sound cant be played. There are no fault conditions signaled.
So the problem may or may not be you OS. Hard to say, but something is weird
when your log and images gets corrupted.

Do you have the possibility to test on another PC?

Mike/K3MMB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-12-13, 19:09:20 »
I have no idea how I got all that trash. I have tried two other things. The radio is turned off, so I can not actually communicate, but thought I would toss this in.

I configured the client to go directly to my external IP. Hit connect and immediately got a connection.  I get indicators that the audio stream was present.

I think configure the client to use my dyndsn host. I hit connect, never get the connect message, but, if I connect via brower to my base, the info shows I am connected. I am using verizon balackberry thethered to the netwbook. I have attached a debug log.

If I click connect again, I do get the disconnect icon but no confirmation of the connect. So I am thinking there is something broken on my dns (maybe).

I will try another computer after work.

I appreciate all the help

mike

roland

« Reply #3 on: 2010-12-14, 08:53:20 »
Mike.

We found that the strange links that appear in you attached logfiles are not caused by your side.
Its this forum that is hacked (oh joy !)... We will fix this asap.

Roland

Mike/K3MMB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2010-12-14, 14:08:07 »
Roland, amazing that people have nothing better to dowith thier time. If they used the net for what it was intended, things would be much better.

I have an update:

I did try another computer using XP... no joy

I went back panel by panel in the client and noticed that I have a password in the SIP panel along with my DNS name. I removed it and connected via DNS reference.

I then connected a normal CAT 5 cable between the RRC AUX/MIC and teh 706 mic plug. I connected via the client and the radio immediately jumped into XMIT mode.  I do not yet have the C-IV connected, but will do that today.

I will also look into another headset.

regards
mike