Author Topic: Router Looses Connection Fix...  (Read 5458 times)

WB4LCN

• View Profile
    • Email
Router Looses Connection Fix...
« on: 2016-06-03, 20:08:54 »
I found myself going up to my remote location to reboot my router about every month. Fortunately, the remote location is only 8 miles from my house.

So, what I did was to put in a cheap timer between the wall outlet and the router AC plug. I set the timeer to briefly turn off the router and turn it back on at 2am. Seemed to do trick. No more lost connections.

I know there is probably a setting in the router that I could enable, but I don't have quite as much knowledgeknowledge about these things.

Mitch, feel free to chime in. :)

Dave

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Router Looses Connection Fix...
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-03, 20:12:40 »
Dave,

I would just buy a new router   ;)

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

WB4LCN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-04-01, 01:03:45 »
Mitch, I bought a new router and modem. It has the same issue. After about a month, I loose connection. Even my timer idea does not work beyond a month or so.. I have to go up to the remote sites and re-boot everything,  after which it works for a month or so snd looses the conne tion again.

Dave

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-04-01, 01:07:30 »
Dave,

Then I would speak to your internet provider. You obviously have some issue with the service dropping
regularly and that needs to be addressed. If it happens with both routers, the problem lies with them
to address.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

WB4LCN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2017-04-08, 06:51:58 »
I found out that the AC power box had a bad intermittent circuit breaker. That was what was causing the signal to drop out. I noticed that much of the equipment was reset to a default state. Developing...