Author Topic: Unable to update control unit firmware  (Read 4053 times)

W6CZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Unable to update control unit firmware
« on: 2010-12-31, 06:31:15 »
v2.30

Updated rig unit no problem (dual RX units). Cannot update control unit. Progress bar goes to between 2 and maybe 6 segments and then times out with an error message unable to update firmware. Tried second unit - same result. Tried earlier versions of firmware - no luck. Tried one version earlier setup manager, still no luck. I am at a loss...

XP home SP3 Intel P4 2.8gHz - a bit short on RAM @ 512k

I'll try another machine tomorrow
« Last Edit: 2010-12-31, 08:06:14 by W6CZ »

KP4TR

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Unable to update control unit firmware
« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-01, 17:13:37 »
Are you using USB or upload via web interface? I just upgraded both my control units to 2.30 via USB and both had an error at the end, but rebooted and both started up fine.

W6CZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-01, 17:20:08 »
I was using USB. At Mikael's suggestion I used the webserver and all is fine and I am on the air.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-01-03, 11:02:29 »
We have found an issue in version 2.28 which sometimes causes firmware update using USB either to fail or to falsely give an error message stating that the update failed. This is fixed from version 2.29. If you get an error message when updating 2.28 via USB, then check if the update was done despite the error message, and if it actually failed then update using the web interface(Application upgrade).
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.